Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone 7 Offline Issues

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone 7 Offline Issues

So for the last few weeks I have been using this but its so unreliable !

it downloads everything works fine going where ever I am going then randomly when I try to play it again on the way home something like that nothing will play it says nothing is available offline, but as soon as I connect to a Wifi network open the app disconnect from the network re-open the app everything is available again.

Any ideas why the playlist stops working and then suddenly is fine again ?? Its basically a game killer for me as without this being reliable I can use it to have offline music on my phone

66 Replies

Indeed, I have exactly the same problem...very annoying.

Add to this the various bluetooth troubles and the fact that it will not sync local content and there's only one conclusion:

The Spotify app for Win Phone could REALLY use an update.

The offline mode is very poor, yes Forgets offline mode on playlists quite often, refuses to play any playlist at all sometimes, even on wifi and not in a forced offline mode, and once if forgets an offline playlist it refuses to sync it offline again, forcing a reinstall. This is so poor that I seriously consider switching to WiMP that has a client that is usable. Shame after being a spotify premium user since the beginning.

I have the same problem 😞 Please fix it. Its the only thing that prevents me to becoma a premium user after the trial!

They don't give a rat's @ss. Many has complaint about all this, including me, but you will never get a respond. As long you pay, they don't see the problem.

The windows phone app IS useless! Not worth 9.99 bucks...

thank you for the info. I will not extend my trial if they don't fix it in that time.

I opened a support ticket and wrote it as the reason for cancelling the account. Hope it help 😞

I will post the answer here.

It seems the support ignores this problem or//and me. No answer.

It seems i will not extend my account after the trial.

Unbelievable...

I would do the same, but the really sad part is that the only other option that is available to me (Deezer) is even worse than Spotify...their Windows Phone app is just laughably bad...

Same here 😞

But i do not support this behavior. I will buy my music on zune

Hey,

The Spotify for Windows Phone is still without update. But Sotify know all those bugs and want to fix them at some point.

It's about time when we get a fix and new features for Windows Phone Spotify.

As customer, this is very annoying thing, but we all should live in hope.

Many thanks for understanding.

Got my Lumia 800 a couple of weeks ago and was so looking forward to listening to spotify on it with my new BH-111 Bluetooth Headset...

But everything works like ****. Let put it this way, nothing really works. It's so annoying when you think you can trust it to work but it doesn't...

I just renewed my monthly premium subscription to Spotify but I will cancel it if there isn't a new update for the WP- app very soon. I see no pint in using Spotify if I can't listen to it on my phone...

Same problems here... Considering cancelling my subscription now.

Bought lumia 800 and spotify premium, doesn't work at all... Won't download playlists and neither will play any lists over 3G or Wifi...

I emailed Spotify regarding this issue shortly after encountering the problem, and it took a while but one of their suggested solutions appears to have fixed it.

When you're on WiFi or 3G/4G, open the app, go to Settings, and tick "Offline mode" to on.

Next time you open Spotify, if the area you are in has no WiFi, 3G or 4G signal, your offline playlists should still work.

I realise this is nothing more than a sticking plaster but at least now I've been able to listen to my offline playlists on the underground for the best part of 2 months without hiccups!

Also back before I discovered this fix, the only way to get Spotify to play my offline playlists was to reboot my phone, which seemed to eat up the battery life :S

I found this but it is by no means reliable, it made mine work a little more but its still far too flakey for me to use Spotify as my music solution.....

shame really, once this is properly fixed I will be very happy as Zune is just no where near as good on multiple devices and for selection.

My spotify app works fine on my HTC Trophy when it comes to streaming over 3G. However, I likely have the same issue. I made the playlist available offline through the Spotify client on my desktop. Through my phone and in the playlist I want available offline, I ticked the "Download:" tab so that it shows "Download: Yes." I am not in offline mode yet nothing is happening and I can't play these tracks when I force offline mode. Robot Frustrated

@guadalajara wrote:

My spotify app works fine on my HTC Trophy when it comes to streaming over 3G. However, I likely have the same issue. I made the playlist available offline through the Spotify client on my desktop. Through my phone and in the playlist I want available offline, I ticked the "Download:" tab so that it shows "Download: Yes." I am not in offline mode yet nothing is happening and I can't play these tracks when I force offline mode. Robot Frustrated

Okay. This is what worked for me. I restarted my phone. Don't know why that helped but it did. After that, streaming over 3G was fine.

To fix the offline mode playlist availability, I needed to tick the "Download:" tab when I had WiFi access. It would not download over 3G. Once it downloaded, I was able to listen offline.

Not ideal, it'd be nice to download for offline availability over 3G. But yeah, that's my fix.

I have the same problem. My Windows 7 Nokia won't play anything in offline mode, and once in offline, I can't get out of it even after I go into Settings and deselect Offline Mode. Re-logging in doesn't help either. Hate this.

Just to let you all know I have logged this with Spotify. See message below, the reference is Case #: 346724 please can you use this reference when logging any calls so they are linked together as this should help increase its priority.

Hi

There has been much discussion of a Windows Phone 7 issue where it is not possible to use your app offline, there have been 18 reply's so far from people having the same issues, but nothing has been said by you are any affiliates about any action that will be taken or any updates in the pipeline to rectify this, I can therefore only assume you ignore the forums.

Link: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Windows-Phones-Blackberry/Windows-Phone-7-Offline-Issues/td-p...

That is the link to the forum item, as you can see this is a big issue across multiple devices and is an app issue, is there an update that will resolve this coming? If not why not? Why was something as fundamental as offline files missed in testing? This is something that is preventing people from subscribing and so causing them to reduce their subscription levels and so loosing you money so I imagine this is in your best interests to resolve both from a customer service/care view point and from a profit/market share view point.

I look forward to getting a respons from you.

Thank You

Please Note: This post will be added to the forum item along with reference number so other people with the same issue can see it has been logged and when logged their own issues can quote the reference so issues can be linked for root cause and trend analysis purposes.

I will post my response here if and when I get one.

Suggested posts