Help - Other (Partner Devices, Windows Phone, Music, etc.)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
rblaubaer

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone App does not play any song

[ Edited ]

The problem:

• Yesterday I downloaded the Spotify App (ver 0.6.4.0).
  • I can login to my account (which is a Premium account) without any problems.
  • I can see all my playlists, all songs in it, all my friends, playlists of my friends, can search for other songs, ...
  • But when I click on a playlist or song to play I just see the moving loading dots on top of the screen and thats all.

This also happens when:

• I connected to WiFi and 3G (on the same WiFi connection I can use the Windows Deskop Application without any problems)
  • I only connected to WiFi
  • I only connected to 3G
  • I restart the Phone
  • I restart the App
  • I reinstall the App

Environment:

• Account-Type: Premium-Account
  • Mobile-Provder: T-Mobile (Germany)
  • Internet-Provider for WiFi: QSC
  • Phone: LG E900
  • Windows Phone Version: 7.5 (7.10.8107.79)
  • App Version: 0.6.4.0

Help!? :-)

Gig Goer
Kalleidol

Re: Windows Phone App does not play any song

I have exactly the same problem on My lumia 800
Music Lover
Fiction

Same problem with my lumia 800, reinstalled gazillion times

Award Winning Artist
hpguru

[ Edited ]

Hey!

I'm Expert in Windows Phone app. I have Lumia 800 too. And I'm an expert because I have been using WP Spotify for a long time.

The first thing you can try after clean re-install: boot your phone. Spotify knows all those bugs in Spotify's WP app. But fix is (hopefully) coming in the near future. You can also try resetting your phone settings or check your APN settings. Sometimes airmode helps in these situations.

Let me know how you doing!

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/10M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Concert Regular
Ducki

Same problem on my HTC Titan after reseting my phone.

Concert Regular
rblaubaer

Ok there is currently no solution and it seems, that Spottily does completely work on other things than the Windows Phone 7 app. So please provide a usable API that I and friends of me can develop a app for Spotify on Windows Phone 7 that works!

Award Winning Artist
hpguru

Hey, add your kudos to this All Windows Phone bugs in one thread thread, if you want that Spotify fix those problems.

Let's hope that my thread will sit at home page on the community forever. Maybe then Spotify notice those problems.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/10M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Fan
barveezy

Same problem on my lumia 710. Seriously disappointed I paid 10$
Music Lover
ATSViper

Same problem on my WP7 Samsung Focus.

Concert Regular
Ducki

looks like (in my case) the problem is, that spotify doesn't play well with activated 2-factor-authentication on facebook.

Announcements

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.