Music Lover
BenBen
Accepted Solution

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone spotify problems

[ Edited ]

Love spotify, had it on iPhone and on android before but this WP7 app is a bit iffy:

-  Nearly always offline

-  Cannot ff/rw in songs (no scroll)

-  randomly decides to show nothing as synced offline

-  NEVER syncs (wifi or 3g) (i force it through playing ALL THE SONGS when connected so it stores the songs, but it won't sync a playlist i just add as offline)

hope this will be fixed in an update ^^

Especially the ff/rw coz i love dubstep and those songs are long :P

Music Fan
Mickez

Re: Windows Phone spotify problems

Indeed, the WP7 app does really need an update.

1. I don't have that problem though.

2. Agree, very irritating.

3. This is really annoying, I have to restart my phone to make the songs show as synced.

4. I believe this problem was caused by the latest update. I had no problems whatsoever with syncing before, but it doesn't work now. :/

I'd really like a fix, especially for 3 and 4.

Music Fan
arjun981

I have never got around to figuring out how to sync local files on the wp7 app. Is there a way to do it or is it still on its way?

How about spotify apps? Is there a way to access them via the wp7 app?

Gig Goer
Sparx

No, you currently can't sync local tracks via Spotify for WP7. No, spotify apps are not in Spotify for WP7 yet. That's only for the desktop version I believe? (Or I may have missed something.)
Music Fan
euan19

Music Fan
mbarclay103

I have just cancelled my Premium subscription because I can't get anything to work on Windows Phone Mango (Samsung Focus). I can't stream anything over my home WiFi, and I can't use Offline mode either. I followed the instructions of tech support by uninstalling and then reinstalling the app on my phone, but it still doesn't show up in "Devices" on the Windows PC client.

I would love to be able to use Spotify on my mobile, but will wait until it actually is working on WP7 Mango before I re-activate. For now, I'm sticking with Unlimited.

Gig Goer
Dynomite

Other than the ff/rw I have had none of these problems. Only thing I wish I could do is play an individual artist instead of just playlists. Other then that I'm okay.

Music Fan
saiku8

To add to the list, I use spotify with my samsung focus s and have lots of problems. 

1) Tracks will load interminably. Yes, I had 4 "bars" connectivity and other stuff works.

2) Bluetooth implementation is terribly broken. If you disconnect the bluetooth while spotify is streaming (such as shutting off your car), spotify cannot reconnect. I have to restart the phone or sometimes it fixes itself after several hours (maybe the app is recycled on the phone?)

I love spotify and how it looks on windows phone. Please fix these issues.

Saiko

PS: Does anyone know if any spotify reps actually read these forums?

Music Lover
SilverRubicon

[ Edited ]

mbarclay103 wrote:

but it still doesn't show up in "Devices" on the Windows PC client.

What you're trying to do can not be done.  To sync songs to you phone, you must use the WP app on the phone itself.  Create a playlist, then use the 'offline' slider on the phone to download the songs via wifi to the phone.  Everything must be done on the phone, not the Spotify pc/mac client.

Music Lover
Poffnut

2) Bluetooth implementation is terribly broken. If you disconnect the bluetooth while spotify is streaming (such as shutting off your car), spotify cannot reconnect. I have to restart the phone or sometimes it fixes itself after several hours (maybe the app is recycled on the phone?)

SAME ISSUE HERE!

When will this be fixed? I have no need for Spotify Premium with boken bluetooth...

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.