Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone spotify problems

Solved!

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone spotify problems

Love spotify, had it on iPhone and on android before but this WP7 app is a bit iffy:

-  Nearly always offline

-  Cannot ff/rw in songs (no scroll)

-  randomly decides to show nothing as synced offline

-  NEVER syncs (wifi or 3g) (i force it through playing ALL THE SONGS when connected so it stores the songs, but it won't sync a playlist i just add as offline)

hope this will be fixed in an update ^^

Especially the ff/rw coz i love dubstep and those songs are long 😛

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@mbarclay103 wrote:

but it still doesn't show up in "Devices" on the Windows PC client.

What you're trying to do can not be done.  To sync songs to you phone, you must use the WP app on the phone itself.  Create a playlist, then use the 'offline' slider on the phone to download the songs via wifi to the phone.  Everything must be done on the phone, not the Spotify pc/mac client.

View solution in original post

81 Replies

Indeed, the WP7 app does really need an update.

1. I don't have that problem though.

2. Agree, very irritating.

3. This is really annoying, I have to restart my phone to make the songs show as synced.

4. I believe this problem was caused by the latest update. I had no problems whatsoever with syncing before, but it doesn't work now. 😕

I'd really like a fix, especially for 3 and 4.

I have never got around to figuring out how to sync local files on the wp7 app. Is there a way to do it or is it still on its way?

How about spotify apps? Is there a way to access them via the wp7 app?

No, you currently can't sync local tracks via Spotify for WP7. No, spotify apps are not in Spotify for WP7 yet. That's only for the desktop version I believe? (Or I may have missed something.)

I have just cancelled my Premium subscription because I can't get anything to work on Windows Phone Mango (Samsung Focus). I can't stream anything over my home WiFi, and I can't use Offline mode either. I followed the instructions of tech support by uninstalling and then reinstalling the app on my phone, but it still doesn't show up in "Devices" on the Windows PC client.

I would love to be able to use Spotify on my mobile, but will wait until it actually is working on WP7 Mango before I re-activate. For now, I'm sticking with Unlimited.

Other than the ff/rw I have had none of these problems. Only thing I wish I could do is play an individual artist instead of just playlists. Other then that I'm okay.

To add to the list, I use spotify with my samsung focus s and have lots of problems. 

1) Tracks will load interminably. Yes, I had 4 "bars" connectivity and other stuff works.

2) Bluetooth implementation is terribly broken. If you disconnect the bluetooth while spotify is streaming (such as shutting off your car), spotify cannot reconnect. I have to restart the phone or sometimes it fixes itself after several hours (maybe the app is recycled on the phone?)

I love spotify and how it looks on windows phone. Please fix these issues.

Saiko

PS: Does anyone know if any spotify reps actually read these forums?

Marked as solution

@mbarclay103 wrote:

but it still doesn't show up in "Devices" on the Windows PC client.

What you're trying to do can not be done.  To sync songs to you phone, you must use the WP app on the phone itself.  Create a playlist, then use the 'offline' slider on the phone to download the songs via wifi to the phone.  Everything must be done on the phone, not the Spotify pc/mac client.

2) Bluetooth implementation is terribly broken. If you disconnect the bluetooth while spotify is streaming (such as shutting off your car), spotify cannot reconnect. I have to restart the phone or sometimes it fixes itself after several hours (maybe the app is recycled on the phone?)

SAME ISSUE HERE!

When will this be fixed? I have no need for Spotify Premium with boken bluetooth...

on topic:

I cannot sync either... to begin with it was not a problem, but it dosn´t work right now, or for the last week...! 

off topic:

It also happens to stop the musiok by itself, without any reason. Also it often happens to go offline.. If you lock the screen then unlock it, you will find out that sometimes nothing works, an a restart i needed - sometimes the app restarts by itself for no reason.

Simon

- Nokia Lumia 800

Please fix these issues. Im tired of having my songs suddenly not available, and having to sit there in the car, on my skis or in my sofa for that matter, and fickle with stuff to get Spotify working again.

I've been using Spotify since I have my Lumia (2 months ago) and I was realy angry with Nokia. The battery was horrible, I couldn't go party with my lumia and came back home with enought battery. But,
last day I discovered that the phone it's ok, the battery last a lot more than other phones I had if I DON'T USE SPOTIFY! So, every time  use Spotify, I then have to reboot the phone so it doesn't eat the battery.

Battery life with spotify: 6 or 7 hours.
Battery life without it: 14 ir 15 hours!

I'm paying for a premium account 10€/month. If you don't fix this I'll have no choice, I'm going to leave Spotify and look for an alternative.

My Spotify app. won't sync content either. I can get the playlist to download/sync but everytime I re-enter the app. the playlist hasn't synced at all and none of the tracks are availble offline. Please fix ASAP!

Well I'm a new Windows Phone user and I just tried the Spotify app with a Premium account.

For me it's working fine, excepts when I connect a sound output (like a minijack) to my Lumia 710 phone : the sound level become really low, and I have to put the phone sound volume to the max to hear someting.

The problem is that it is working fine with the built-in Zune application, the sound level never change...

Does someone has the same trouble with a Lumia ?

I've got a Lumia 800 with latest updates and I can only agree that the app really needs fixing on

* Fastforward/rewind

* syncing local files (I spent weeks with customer support trying different methods until they finally said "your device isn't officially supported". That felt just great :S .... )

* General stability - spotify closes down randomly pretty often.

* Speed - from pushing the icon until the spotify client is loaded takes up to 10 seconds, even when it's clearly still loaded and playing music. 

Please update it!

And how this is unsupported? Spotify works with ALL WP mango smartphones. So Spotify guy just trying say: I, the Spotify employee, can't help you anymore. Spotify WP app need a update, a fix whatever.

Nokia Lumia 800:

- Bugs

- Bugs

- Bugs

- And bugs

OK, this is just a stupid list.

- Bluetooth bug

- Sometimes Spotify shut itself off

- Sometimes Spotify can't play any track, just loading

- More bugs...

So good app, but manu bugs... where is a fix?

Same Issue -It is frustrating to pay fo the premium service so I could then enjoy the service in my car via bluetooth, but it is really frustrating to have to turn my phone off and back on to get it to work (especially since with WP7 I almost forgot how to turn the phone off).  Would love to see this bug get fixed soon. 

Seeing same issues as many here.

- slow startup, sometimes hangs on the green loading screen

- huge issues with bluetooth, disconnecting from car bluetooth results in spotify not playing anything before reboot, received phone call while driving also results in spotify unable to play before reboot

- sometimes offline files not recognized or unnecessarily resynced

I checked from the marketplace and the last update was 7th of November 2011 so I'd say they stopped development. WP clearly isn't a big enough platform to take seriously. I'm considering to cancel my subscription as 99% of my Spotify usage is while driving. Most of the driving is business related so I need to be able to make and receive calls while driving. Spotify atm is useless for me.

Suggested posts