Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

songs for my clubs

Solved!

songs for my clubs

I own few clubs in Malaysia and would like to know how Spotify can be help to stream music to my existing sound systems? <br><br>Is there a audio receiver that need to be purchased similar to what <a href="http://www.dmx.com" target="_blank">www.dmx.com</a> offering? What license I should have?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@wormyx wrote:
Why piracy when I'm paying for the service as as premium user?

Hi,

You are paying for the features that you have. Effectively what you are doing could be classified as using premium publicly which means all the people listening to it should effectively be paying for Spotify premium. The Spotify T&Cs to state that it must be for personal usage, so playing it publicly is not very personal!

By definition; piracy is the unauthorized copying, distribution and selling of works which are copyrighted. The music on Spotify is copyrighted, so playing it publicly could be deemed 'distribution' of the music. It's very vague really.

Piracy used to refer to acts of copyright infringement intentionally designed for financial gain, but more recently, copyright holders have described online copyright infringement, particularly in relation to P2P fle sharing networks, as "piracy."

I have to say the Spotify T&Cs can be a little vague here and there; and it does say 'non commercial' usage so it's thoroughly dependent on what you classify commercial as.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I think you just need to hook up your device to your sound system and play it through the system.

Check out this area if you have one of the systems listed in it. Which system do you actually have?

If it's sonos; there was a blog post about it a while back here.

But playing it publicly can be classified as piracy depending on if you are making money from it. If this is a free club; then technically you are not receiving any financial benefit from using Spotify therefore it's fine. Just be careful where you use it!

Anthony 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Hey wormyx! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to stream music for public ears as outlines by the Terms & Conditions. According to this article, "Spotify is for personal, non-commercial use."

I'm sorry, :(.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

I would be willing to side with MikeyB here, since technically playback in a club over a speaker system is not strictly personal usage. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

@wormyx wrote:

Hi,

You are paying for the features that you have. Effectively what you are doing could be classified as using premium publicly which means all the people listening to it should effectively be paying for Spotify premium. The Spotify T&Cs to state that it must be for personal usage, so playing it publicly is not very personal!

By definition; piracy is the unauthorized copying, distribution and selling of works which are copyrighted. The music on Spotify is copyrighted, so playing it publicly could be deemed 'distribution' of the music. It's very vague really.

Piracy used to refer to acts of copyright infringement intentionally designed for financial gain, but more recently, copyright holders have described online copyright infringement, particularly in relation to P2P fle sharing networks, as "piracy."

I have to say the Spotify T&Cs can be a little vague here and there; and it does say 'non commercial' usage so it's thoroughly dependent on what you classify commercial as.

Anthony 🙂

Suggested posts