Gig Goer
monojdl
Accepted Solution

AC/DC, LED ZEPPELIN,Garth Brooks, Eagles

Why are all this artists NOT in spotifuggle, I am paying $10 a month and I cannot listen to my favorite bands?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Peter
Kudos: 11,175
Solutions: 3,121

Re: AC/DC, LED ZEPPELIN,Garth Brooks, Eagles

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

There are some artists such as AC/DC and Led Zepplin which have opted not to be part of Spotify. 

Have a read at the missing content FAQ.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
alexlives

and Pink Floyd.

Also, the artists they do have are missing some key albums and cuts. Like, Why is the Doors Light My Fire the radio cut?

this sucks. FIX IT

Music Lover
alexlives

Slacker has all these Artists.

Peter
Kudos: 11,175
Solutions: 3,121

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

As I said before, any content that is missing is normally down to the record label or rights holders with holding those tracks from Spotify, sometimes to push up physical and download sales. There are also some big names, such as AC/DC and Led Zepplin who have chosen not to be part of Spotify.

Any content that has disappeared or been removed (the tracks will still be in your playlist, just hidden because they unplayable) is normally down to the record label or rights holder. Sometimes content is removed due to licensing changes, transfer of ownership or due to a request from the content owner.

Spotify upload all music which is made available to them for our enjoyment! I would suggest you have a read at the missing content FAQ as it will probably answer most of your questions!

One of the community staff members posted before:

"The reality is that we would like to have all the world's music available on Spotify.  Therefore, anything which we have the right to upload and has been provided to us, should be available on Spotify.   

If you still can't find the music you're looking for, try contacting the artist or record label and ask why the music isn't on Spotify."

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Talent Scout
hans-jürgen

[ Edited ]

hammeh schrieb:

There are also some big names, such as AC/DC and Led Zepplin who have chosen not to be part of Spotify.

Nor on other streaming services like Deezer, Rdio, Simfy or Last.fm, and e.g. the same is true for The Beatles. Pink Floyd is available here and there, e.g. on Rdio for free, but on Deezer and Simfy only for Premium subscribers also depending on the country you live in. Metallica is available on Spotify, but not on other streaming services, so it always depends on the individual deals the band managers/copyright holders have with different legal services. Of course there are some services which base their catalogue on illegal user uploads without paying for the copyrights, but these should not be counted as valid alternatives.

ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
Spotify playlist with original versions
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."
Spotify playlist with original versions & live album "Live im Riff"
Music Fan
Scbrandl

You don't already have the full catalogue of these artists in your mp3 collection?

Gig Goer
monojdl

To be honest with you I don't have the slightest idea how to work an mp3 nor do I own one.

Scbrandl wrote:

You don't already have the full catalogue of these artists in your mp3 collection?

Gig Goer
monojdl

I am still baffled by the fact that all this guys (AC/dc, led zeppellin,etc) are on Pandora, both free and the $3.99/mth version, they are also on Iheartradio which is totally free, so again,why are we paying $10/mth???

Talent Scout
hans-jürgen

[ Edited ]

You mean this is a lie? ;-)

Led Zeppelin on Pandora

I can't tell anyway, as Pandora, iHeartRadio and Slacker give me "not available in your country" errors all the time living in Germany. I would say if you have the choice in the US, use another streaming service which offers what you want. As far as I know, Spotify is for free in the US with no time limit, so you don't even have to subscribe - except if you want it on your mobile phone or the 320 kbps streaming option.

By the way, why is this thread in the web player forum?

ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
Spotify playlist with original versions
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."
Spotify playlist with original versions & live album "Live im Riff"
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.