Help - Web Player

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert VIP
joelercoaster

Spotify + Adobe Flash + Windows 8 = #FAIL

so the beta version of spotiry says :"to enjoy spotify, please intall Adobe Flash..." go to adobe to intall Flash it says " it is already part of windows 8" --> STUCK!

Spotify
David

Re: Spotify + Adobe Flash + Windows 8 = #FAIL

Ah. What browser are you using, Internet Explorer? There's a little more on the full story on some issues with Internet Explorer right here - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Web-Player/Internet-Explorer-support-what-s-the-straight-story/td-p/...

However, should work just fine in IE10, which means getting that message is a little confusing if it's already built in. Have you tried using a different browser?
-----
Spotify
Garage Band
johncb

Hello - thanks for letting us know of the problem, we appreciate the feedback.

We have actually pushed out a small fix to a bug that has caused some users who have flash to see this message incorrectly, so can you let us know if it is still happening?

If it is, of course we will try to help further.

Thanks!

Music Fan
chris209topher

I'm having the same problem after I reinstalled it today. Says need flash on my windows 8 PC
Music Fan
VaeVictis22

same problem; says I need flash, Win 8 says it's imbedded so Spotify App won't work

Wet
Music Fan
Wet

Same problem windows 7

Garage Band
johncb

We're sorry that this is a widerspread issue than we had thought. I've let the rest of the team know so that they can take a good look at this. Please be patient!

In the meantime, (Disclaimer - I've only had a couple of reports that this works...), could people maybe try the 

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers

link on Adobe's site, which has helped a couple of people get around the "Get Flash... You've got it ... No you haven't" loop ...

And please let me know if this helps?

Spotify
Spotify
dan

Hi Guys

Thanks for the reports - I was able to replicate the issue in Windows 8 and IE10 in the modern UI, until I installed all available updates for Windows - after which point the Web Player is working as normal.  The updates listed included both flash player and IE updates.   

Could you try making sure that your copy of Windows 8 is fully patched with all "important updates"?  If not: could you install them, restart and let us know if that fixes the problem?  

Cheers,

Dan

Music Fan
tomclancy

Re: spotifuggle + Adobe Flash + Windows 8 = #FAIL

I was able to get around the issue by:  Installing Fiefox from the Windows 8 Desktop, then go to the adobe website and install Flash. Since IE for Windows 8 and Chrome have Flash embedded I used FireFox.  Using the link for alternate browsers should also work.  It appears Spotify is using an older method to detect if flash is present on the box. This solution worked on three different machine/configurations over the weekend.

Hope this helps someone else

Music Fan
Supermissg

[ Edited ]

recently I joined spotify. I have a Mac 10.6.8 and ussually I use firefox, and I had instaled flash but this message keeps poping out 'To enjoy Spotify, please install Adobe Flash. It's free.' Tried Safari and same result.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.