Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
ed42

Spotify Web PLayer

You should make the web player available for offline mode, like Deezer, this would be great.

Roadie
MikeyBoi

Re: Spotify Web PLayer

Hey ed42! This sounds like a good idea but I feel like there are complications that could easily come up since it is a web player...but that's just me, xD.

You should suggest your idea here to see what others think!

Garage Band
olejon

With HTML5 you can easily make web apps work offline with application cache. In Spotify's case the challenge is of course bigger since they would have to support offline playlists and local files first, for it to be useful.
SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!
Anthony
Kudos: 1,292
Solutions: 231

Hi all!

As olejon says, it is very possible with HTML five and the utilisation of cookies etc.; but the web player is still in beta, so not all the planned features are implemented yet. I don't work for Spotify, so I can't tell you whether it is planned, but as MikeyBoi suggested, you can submit this as an idea to the ideas thread of the community; and once it gets enough Kudos, it will be reviewed by Spotify :)

Anthony

This post was by Anthony! I do not work for Spotify! If this solved your issue - mark it as a solution! Do you agree with/like my post? Please add a Kudo!

Spotify Community profile: Anthony | So feel free to PM me! Here
| Twitter profile: anthonyb256 |

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.