Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
Shelibaer

Spotify Web Player Stuck at "Connecting" since launched

Haven't been able to access Spotify Web Player since it launched. Stuck at "Connecting to Spotify" regardless of the browser i use. Cleared cache and cookies for all of them, still doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong or is the Web Player just broken?

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Spotify Web Player Stuck at "Connecting" since launched

Security measures introduced by Spotify to stop folk saving their music illegally has, sadly, broken the web player for many folk. See this thread.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Concert Regular
jelliott78

I have not been able to use the web player for a week now.  It just stays on the screen that says trying to connect.  I have tried google chrome and safari to connect.  

Music Fan
mongoose26

I'm having same problem, on two different machines and on different internet connection/browser combinations. From Arizona.

Concert Regular
jelliott78

Seems to me this has been going on for months with no solution.  I have seen a few posts where it is said that this is more complicated than it seems but to me seems like there are tons of users having the problem at 9.99 a month so I am sure we don't want to hear that its difficult; we just want it fixed so we can use what we are paying for.

Concert Regular
Alex_BAT

I'm in the same boat.  I am using Firefox and I haven't been able to access the web player for at least a week now!  I just discovered the service and after enjoying it for a few days there has been many, many problems.

Music Fan
findjaime

Spotify Web Player won't open in Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox (including incognito windows).

It says "Can't connect to Spotify.  Trying again now..."

This is a new problem that never existed until about a week ago.  I've cleared cookies, uninstalled/reinstalled, etc.

Suggestions?

Joe

Spotify is aware that some users have been experiencing connectivity issues with the web player since the downtime last week. If you are affected, please keep an eye on this thread for news.

Meanwhile I'm locking this thread.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.