Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Issue

Solved!

Web Player Issue

Hi folks. We're aware that Web Player doesn't currently work for everyone.

We're investigating and will let you know when there's an update.

Community Ergo Sum
293 Replies

@ tomanderson703

Yeah he is a liar.

My bad guys. Nevermind. So based on the icon and what it said up top I assumed I was logged on through my facebook account. However I think it was actually trying to connect to the last person logged in on my tablet to their facebook, they don't have spotify and I think it was confused. I never actually go through the portal in which it asks me whether or not to login through facebook, I just go immediately to "favorited" website that is the WebPlayer. I ended up relogging into my facebook and reconnecting to spotify WebPlayer. IT WORKS!  

Yay!

Spotify on my computer Is acting up bigtime.

Starts playing music on its own in the middle of a song.

If a song is paused it starts playing another random song (starts in the middle of the new random song)

I have gone through all of my settings and nothing is wrong.

Whats up?

@rkingbrandt This is happening on the web player? Which browser are you using?

I've recently been having issues with the webplayer.

Whenever I try to search a song, or view (and worse, load) one of my playlists- I get the "loading sign" and it never actually loads.

The actual download is working fine though.

Since this morning my Spotify appears like this in the Explore, Discover, Radio, and Who to follow menus. Any ideas of what's happening?

Spotify.jpg

Hi. Can you try disabling hardware acceleration in the spotify preferences and restarting the desktop client. If that doesn't help, try the solution here.

Hello!

This seems like the best thread to get attention. Since friday I've been having trouble connecting to a lot of stuff in the web player. Listening to music and accessing my playlists works fine, but I can't reach:

1. My profile. I get a message saying "Please go online to view user profiles" and a button below saying "Reload profile".
2. Follow. I get a message saying "Sorry, we couldn't load follow". Button below saying "Try again".

This means I can't see my followers or those I follow. My account has never been connected to facebook nor created with my facebook account. This is not browser related. Tried FF, IE11, Chrome and Opera.

Have a nice day!

Looks like there are some social issues going on with the web player:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Web-Player/User-section-bug/m-p/771879/highlight/true#M5847

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

HELP  !!! I signed up for free Spotify about a month ago - I really like it - EXCEPT  I can't change the equalizer setting.  I put it on ROck concert mode, cause it sounded kind of fun,  but Everything I play now is in echo chamber Mode and I don't know how to reset it.

I even Uninstalled Spotify - but that didn't work.

Hopefully it's a simple fix - I just can't find it.  I have Windows 7

@Goodman wrote:

Hi folks. We're aware that Web Player doesn't currently work for everyone.

We're investigating and will let you know when there's an update.

Spotify doesn't have an Equalizer on any platform. You must be using external software.

Peter

Web Player hasn't worked in two weeks... 

I agree, it hasn't worked in weeks. I stopped using Spotify and moved on to TuneIn until a fix is found. If they don't fix it soon, I won't be back.

Same here. Not only did they take away my stars, they added some new functionality - the web player randomly starts skipping over songs. Thanks, Spotify!

No external software. . there was a page that came up and you could playback music on different settings . .  and it had treble and bass adjustments.    .Now I can't find that page again.

And I'm stuck in echo chamber mode. . . which is okay for music,   Not so good if i try to watch anything else.

Are you sure that screen isn't part of your sound card drivers? For example I have a Realtek Audio manager app which runs in my system tray all of the time which has similar options to what you describe.

Peter

Hi my spotify web player hasnt worked for 2 days. It has been skipping songs and now whenever i click a song to play it wont even play it, it will play songs that i was listening to when it was working. In other words im unable to play new songs or load searches. My interent is fine so i assume its the spotify server> Plaese try to fix this as soon as possible.

@annyoak The problem with your sound settings has nothing to do with the web player, and is only polluting this thread. Why don't you go ask your question in the general help forum.

Sorry for Polluting your thread @HOTDAWG. . . and I'm so sad you lost your little stars. . . I just thought I might get some help here.  GFY

Off-topic posts don't help the community get answers. If you don't understand how to use Windows, then you'll get better help in the appropriate forum. Telling me to "GFY" only makes you look like a bigger sack than you already are. 

Suggested posts