Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Issue

Solved!

Web Player Issue

Hi folks. We're aware that Web Player doesn't currently work for everyone.

We're investigating and will let you know when there's an update.

Community Ergo Sum
293 Replies

Hi All,

Since a couple of days all problems seems to be solved overhere. I am @ a Mac OSX.  Chrome, Firefox and Safari are all OK.

Making playlists, skipping songs, search. All is fast and reliable.

Fingers crossed now.

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>

Seems like the webplayer has compatibility issues with IE11.

It's working fine in Firefox 17.0.1, while in Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17126 all I get is the dark grey background with the Spotify logo in the top left corner.

I'm still having the problem with Spotify only playing the first song in playlists/albums!

Running IE11 on Windows 7 Professional at work and I have Premium.

I've logged out from Spotify, closed IE and cleared the cache, tried "In Private"-browser but I'm still having the problem when I logg back in and tries to listen to a playlist/album.

At home it works fine on Chrome on Windows 8.

Hello spotify tech team.  Is someone working on the issues we are all having with the web player?  It's getting really old.  I don't want to listen to Pandora - I want to listen to Spotify... but one song at a time, then have to take action to hear another song just won't work for me all day long.  PLEASE FIX!!!

Web player is not completely loading for me today. I've been trying all morning. When I go to the webplayer, I see the home page. When I try to go from there to the Discover page, do a search, go to my playlists, or anywhere away from the home page I just get the little rotating circle. I've let it go for over 5 minutes and nothing loads. 

Using latest version of Chrome in Windows 7.

In addition to the only being able to play one song bug I also randomly am getting this issue. The main page will load but if I go into Your Music or discover it just keeps spinning and never loads. If I refresh it will sometimes work but will eventually stop again.

Same exact issue, macbook os X 10.9, safari and chrome both display circle endlessly when trying to get to playlists or perform a search.

Aargh.  Spotify Web Player plays one or two songs, then speeds through the list without actually playing anything.  It stay on a three minute song for two seconds while the progress bar advances quickly to the end.  The next song queued is selected in the web player, but it speeds through that without sound.  It's the way it might appear if Spotify were ripping a CD which it isn't.  OR, the whole thing will just stall with that wheel spinning round and round.  Google Play anyone?

Last three weeks I've not been able to use the web player - just suddenly stopped for no apparent reason....mac/safari - and no I don't want to try numerous other browers if it's all the same 🙂

For the last two weeks Web Player doesn't work. A couple of songs are played fisrt but then it crashes.

I am at work behind a corp proxy. Windows player app doesn't work but web player used to work with no problem before.

Browser: I tried Chrome 35.0, Firefox 30.0, Opera 22.0, IE 11.0.9 but Spotify Web Player crashed for all.

Chrome Console Error log:
Connecting to wss://lon2-linkap-a3.ap.spotify.com:443 spotify.web.client.js:412
Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened. browse:1
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'uri' of null spotify.web.client.js:593

Guys I have tried latest version of chrome in windows 7 with incognito mode but still no luck. My screen keeps on connecting in a loop. I could seriously use your help. I have tried using proxy but still no luck.  

ScreenShot.jpg

Like so many others the Spotify Web Player is giving me problems.

It will only play one track and then stops.

I've tried clicking on other tracks etc but it will not continue.

I have to refresh the page before I can play another track.

Its only the music on Spotify thats keeping me sane during my day at work, please help.

i am having the same issue behind a corporate proxy. it used to work fine. i reformatted my workstation and it persists. there is no point in posting system specifications with the number of users and a reformat involved. please address this, because it's a huge problem.

also, you can't reorder track, multi-select, or do much of anything with playlists in the webapp. the phone application constantly times out when i have 4G and full bars. you are making an absurd fortune on this system, please fix the integrated clients before you make yourselves completely irrelevant.

oh, and the controls on the right side of the web application are blocked by your stupid mobile app add and its links to google play. frankly this thing is an embarassment.

and why would you have a star function that works just like a playlist? baffled.

same endless "connecting to spotify" issue here!!!  happened for few months!!  i am from HongKong, using window 7 home premium, chrome browser... thanks

I used the free version of spotify and now decided to switch to the Premium Version in Germany. Ever since then I was not able to use the Web player anymore. Its a continues loading of any list.

This is not very convincing to make me pay for premium, when things don't work anymore.

I am having so many issues with the web player.

1. My playlist will play the first song then go to some other album

2. The songs that are playing are in my playslist, but the playlist isn't what's playing

3. The songs that are playing are not listed in my library, neither are the albums or the artist

4. I tried to delete the songs from the playlist but since the playlist isn't actually playing, the songs are still going

5. I don't see any edit buttons for the playlist

It's a mess.

I have been experiencing freeze ups on the web player using the latest version of Chrome. It always happens right at the end or beginning of a song. It appears to be playing (the pause symbol is showing on the track). But there is no sound, and clicking on the pause symbol does nothing. I refresh and everythin is fine for several more songs. This began happening maybe two weeks ago, and the freeze happens maybe once or twice in a day's listening (for most of an 8 hour workday). Not a terrible incovnenience but thoughtyou might want to know. 

I have the same issue at the firm. If Spotify would use only standard http ports (80, 443), it would work. Currently I am using Deezer at the firm what is a nightmare. I have Premium account in both services, but it is really annoying pay twice for the same service. (You are lucky, I like Spotify more. On other hand Deezer starts to be good...)

Hi, lots of problems for me on webplayer.

Test results:

-Search: Works

-Browse: Stuck loading

-Discover: Works

-Radio: Works

-Your music: Stuck loading

-Follow: Stuck Loading

Also desk app stucks on several sections...

Any ideas?

JK

Suggested posts