Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Issue

Solved!

Web Player Issue

Hi folks. We're aware that Web Player doesn't currently work for everyone.

We're investigating and will let you know when there's an update.

Community Ergo Sum
293 Replies

Glad it is working for you. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I cannot access the spotify web player - just appears with a white screen and the outline of a couple of buttons. Nothing more. worked fine on Tuesday but since then nothing.

I'm having the same problem. Black background only today and yesterday (worked on Tuesday just fine). I have a mac OS x 10.7.5 and am using safari. Please help 🙂 

Hello there

I'm new to the community so not sure if this is in the correct place.  I am using webplayer, and only the first song of my playlists will play, after that random songs play, ones that are not in my play list.  I have tried different play lists, and loggin in and out but the issue remains. 

I cant even see where the random songs are being pulled from.

Any advice please?

Thanks,

Emma

Hola!

This is the first time I've run into a bug with the Spotify Web applciation. I'm having troubles getting to the next song on the playlist I've selected to listen. Every time I play a new song or playlist, the next song played in the list will always default back to a playlist I listened to two weeks ago.

Steps to recreate:

1. Go to my link: https://play.spotify.com/artist/3ao3jf5d70Tf4fPh2bnXVl 
  2. Search 'Sad Song' by We The Kings and play the song.
  3. Wait for the song to go to the next song or click the next button (it's a great song...I'd recommend listening to the whole thing).
  4. Instead of playing the next song in the We The Kings list the web player defaults back to playing a song from DaVinci's Demons playlist which I listened to two weeks ago.

Any thoughts or ideas?

More information...

Browser: Chrome

WeTheKings.jpg

Davinci.jpg

There seems to be some old playlist left in your Play Queue. You can check the queue by clicking on the far left icon under the player controls, but I am not sure if skipping through the shown remaining old songs would solve the problem in the web player. Logging out and in again might also delete it, or try the same in the desktop software.

Hi Hans-Jurgen

I am using the free web player and I dont see my Play Queue, can you take a screenshot of where it is please.

Thanks,

Emma

Hey,

when I log into Spotify on my work computer, I there cannot download the Player so I have to use the webplayer. However, I cannot find it any more. Can you please help? Thanks! 🙂

swiffnme schrieb:

I am using the free web player and I dont see my Play Queue, can you take a screenshot of where it is please.

You can only see the button for calling the Play Queue in the right frame with the player module, so there must be a song playing in the web player. And then it is the one in the lower left corner which resembles a list, left to the icon for Shuffle mode. See the attached screenshot.

webplayer_playqueue.gif

Hi and welcome to the community @petitedelha !

Have you tried with this direct link?

If it doesn't work, you can try downloading the desktop beta.

Hi

What ever the problem was over the last few days, it has resolved itself without me doing anything 🙂

Thanks all!

**bleep**ing seriously. The web player has not been working for over 5 months.

Neither on Chrome or FF.

I am on ubuntu 14.04. 

Serioulsy not buying stock in a company that can't get this fixed in 5 months time.

**bleep** this **bleep**.

WEB PLAYER STOPS/CRASHES WHEN ADS PLAY

Each time the web player has to play an ad it won't play it and it just freezes there.  It's getting rather annoying to refresh the web page to continue listening to my playlist or just random songs.

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.

Windows 8
Google Chrome

Is there any chance of the web player streaming music?

It would be good to know what the latest situation is on this problem.

Hello,

the Spotify web player used to work fine on my Linux PC, but since
Friday 2014-12-12 the web player hasn't been working. The site
displays only the sidebar, and in the main content region a gray rectangle
that says ``Connecting to Spotify'' is shown. And that's it, that's where it hangs.

Here are my browser specs:

Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97 (Official Build 171054)
OS Linux
WebKit 537.11 (@136278)
JavaScript V8 3.13.7.5
Flash 11.2 r202
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.97 Safari/537.11

I see this on the debug console (via F12):

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined https://d3ewslr5655zon.cloudfront.net/tags/spotify-7436afc376.min.js
Connecting to wss://lon2-linkap-a1.ap.spotify.com:443 https://play.spotify.edgekey.net/client/3b1d397/js/spotify.web.client.js

Hope you can resolve this soon

Hi,

the webplayer is doing next to nothing for a few days now. since i have a chromebook this is almost my only option for my PAID spotify to work. Can this please be resolved?! All I see when I open spotify is the side thing and a revolving circle indicating I need even more patience. 

Hello,

The Spotify Web Player has recently stopped working properly on my Acer Chromebook C720. I'm currently running the Google Chrome 39.0.2171.96 (Official Build). The panel on the left loads properly, while the middle and right panels are visible, but nothing is loading onto them. In the Javascript Console I'm getting 6 errors and 1 warning.

Among them are:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to read the 'contentDocument' property from 'HTMLIFrameElement': Blocked a frame with origin "https://play.spotify.com" from accessing a frame with origin "https://s-static.ak.facebook.com". The frame being accessed set "document.domain" to "facebook.com", but the frame requesting access did not. Both must set "document.domain" to the same value to allow access.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined

I can obtain anymore information required.

Thanks,

ssnover95x

Hi there, I've been using the Spotify web player (web version) for over a year now and have never had any issues with continuous play. In the last couple of weeks however my Spotify music stops after each song. I've tried refreshing and logging out, emptying cache, even created a new account to test it from a different account. Problem is still occuring! I have noticed that the part of the screen on the right (see image attached) is constantly static, showing the song is always at 0:00, and the icon doesn't move as the songs play. Please help!!!

Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 2.45.12 pm.png

Hi there, I've been using the Spotify web player for over a year now and have never had any issues with continuous play. In the last couple of weeks however my Spotify music stops after each song. I've tried refreshing and logging out, emptying cache, even created a new account to test it from a different account. Problem is still occuring! I have noticed that the part of the screen on the right (see image attached) is constantly static, showing the song is always at 0:00, and the icon doesn't move as the songs play. Please help!!!

Dear all,

Spotify Web Player is hanging in "Connecting to Spotify" and after 2 hours, nothing happened.

I have tried the last two days but the problem persist..

I was able to use it till mid of  December without issues.

I'm using firefox on windows 8.

Screenshot attached.

Please help. I need it because it's my support during my daily programming activities at work.

spotify_connecting.PNG

Suggested posts