Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Issue

Solved!

Web Player Issue

Hi folks. We're aware that Web Player doesn't currently work for everyone.

We're investigating and will let you know when there's an update.

Community Ergo Sum
293 Replies

@kekser wrote:

The webplayer doesn't connect. This window stays there the whole time:

No connection

Win 8.1

Newest Chrome 41.0.2272.89

No extensions in Chrome

Cleaned the cache.

No Host-File entry

Custom DNS / Provider DNS 

no idea .... help pls 

I keep getting that too, even though the music I clicked on on last.fm keeps playing in the background. Anyone else getting it? I'm using Windows 7 and the newest version of Firefox.

GorillaMonsoon schrieb:

I keep getting that too, even though the music I clicked on on last.fm keeps playing in the background. Anyone else getting it? I'm using Windows 7 and the newest version of Firefox.

If you can still listen to the track sent from Last.fm it probably plays in the desktop software, so you are already logged in there. Maybe that leads to connection problems with Chrome. I just tested opening the web player in Firefox parallel to the desktop client playing Your Music/Songs, and the login via Facebook and loading of the same tab worked without problems on Windows 7 64bit.

If you want to make sure that Last.fm picks the Spotify web player for on-demand playback, you should close the desktop client and open the web player in a new browser tab before clicking on the track in Last.fm. And make sure that you have disabled the related setting about open.spotify.com links in the web player, too.

Web Player gives the streaming error in Chrome 42 - 64 bits.

Not a network issue as I'm able to stream in Vivalvi 64 bits.

Why does the web player have so many issues?  If you are playing an album or a playlist and then you click on "your songs" on any of your own playlists, it then starts playing that content?  I only want to see if I have that track?  Also if you add to playlist and click on the selection, the player starts playing the song that appears below your selected list?  Lately there seems to be so many glitches such as pressing the tick to save the song and it takes about ten attempts?  Thank heavens Apple music is worse or I would switch!

(soryy for the English, it's not my primary language)

Maybe you're talking about something different, but I don't see the Web Player is working properly at all. For reasons unknown for me, we're not allowed to use the classic program on the PCs at work, so we only can use the web player. It freezes songs constantly in an exasperating way. I already have reinstalled Flash, downloaded latest versions of Chrome and Firefox and nothing improves it, I'm lucky if one single song is played without interruption. And has nothing to do with ads 'cause I've got Premium.

Is there any solution?

Hi folks,

The webplayer doesn't work since a whole week in IE11, are you aware of this problem?

Spotify.JPG

How much of a discount will we receive till it is fixed ?  Only fair...

Streaming works well in the web player so far. If it wasn´t for the bug that doesn´t allow listening nor viewing a playlist when clicked, which has special characters in it (such as the alien, the baby or the ant). I get the "error the playlist failed to load"-message. I know that the symbols look like a question mark in a box (like a placeholder) in the web player although it´s able to show them on mobile but thats not the problem...

specialcharactersplaylist

Ola tenho problemas com o Web Player, quando tento entrar no fecebook nada contece, com "Login With Facebook..." e nao acaba

I am on Spotify web player rn and it's says, oops Something went wrong.

I need help fixing this

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 9.15.15 AM.pngWhat do I do

Hi. It has been working for the whole day and suddenly about 20 min ago, it keeps saying 'cannot connect to Spotify. Trying again now.'  Please help. I am using Google Chrome browser.

Lee

Definitely not solved. My web player constantly stops at random times and sometimes won't start playing again. Ever since the new update/design for the Web Player I, and a few friends of mine have been having the same issue. The connection is perfectly fine. Please fix the streaming issues. 

Well, for me it still isn't working. 😞

Suggested posts