Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Issue

Solved!

Web Player Issue

Hi folks. We're aware that Web Player doesn't currently work for everyone.

We're investigating and will let you know when there's an update.

Community Ergo Sum
293 Replies

What country are you in?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

USA

It looks like a service outage. I'm getting this now.

works now!

I have never had a day where Spotify Web player works perfectly. The most common (and annoying) issues are time taken to load anything at all and constantly playing the wrong song when I make a choice. Even refreshing the whole page doesn't seem to work and it will still decide to play a random song instead of the one I've told it to. 

Maybe having a web player option is vastly more complicated that the normal version, but still... I don't understand how these problems haven't been solved as I see many people have been having the same issues for a while now. Is it not a priority for Spotify to get their tech guys to sort stuff like this out? 

An update about why this is happening and what is being done to sort it out would be really appreciated. 

Your loyal yet frustrated user, 

Kelly 

There's a known issue with track lists which contain unavailable (greyed-out) tracks. Playing a track following x greyed-out tracks will actually play the track x tracks lower. Is this what you're seeing? If so, spotify are working on it.

I cannot and have not been able to use the web player.  I am on a macbook air, live in the USA and just want to be able to listen to music.  I have no issues on my iphone . . . 

Are you connecting behind a firewall?

Peter

Nope.  At home  . . . 

Weird, does it just load forever or do you get an error? I've seen people speaking harsh words about Safari, so it might be worth trying in Chrome to see if that makes any difference.

Peter

The page shows, but nothing  . . . .

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 12.25.51 PM.png

My spotify stopped "responding" yesterday. I've uninstalled it, and reinstalled it, yet it still won't respond. It stops responding once I press the button to play a song. Every. Time. 😞

What device and platform are you using? Web player or desktop client?

The webplayer is not shuffling. I am trying to play a playlist that I went through some of my favorite artists, and added whole albums into the playlist. I want variety not to listen to one album followed by another. 

It seems that the webplayer is switching between two versions; neither of them can shuffle. 

Hey my web player isn't working at all. I have a free account and in about the last week I haven't been able to load my playlist at all. Do you guys have any idea how it can be fixed?

I am also not able to load playlists on the web player

Hi, I'am not able to liten music from web player

When I click link to web player it goes to https://play.spotify.com/?oauth_token=<long string of symbols>
Ater that player is showing "Connecting to Spotify..." forever.

No, iam not behind FW. I'am from Latvia.

If someone else uses FB logging for spotify, then it works. (on this pc)

If there is anything else i can add, please ask.

EDIT: Win7 & Chrome

When I try listen any song, acess playlists and artists page this happen:

Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 7.30.58 PM.png

I'm guessing it's still broken.  I had no issues on Monday, but yesterday and today it has been very frustrating.  I use Chrome, I'm in the USA, and like I said, it's been working fine until yesterday.  I can play one song from my play list (same thing on radio).  After one song plays, it just flashes from song cover to song cover and the song time will flash from 0:00 to whatever the end time of the song is, and then it just keeps doing that over and over.  I have to refresh to get another song to play (or go listen on Pandora!)

Please fix this before I STAY on Pandora!  I love Spotify much more than Pandora!

screenshot

This is how the webplayer looks for 3 days. what is wrong??

Suggested posts