Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

Solved!

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

I accidentlally hit the thumbs down button on the Spotify Radio and was wondering if there was a way to view the list of songs/artitst that have been given the thumbs down or up; this is an artist I hope to find more music on but cannont recall their name? I suspect there has to be a file of some sort that is tracking this information, otherwise how would it know to play or not play that artist?

Thanks for your help. 

p.s.

The back button did not work. 

188 Replies

thx for the response - my issue was that i accidentally hit thumbs down and didn't actually know the song so there's no way for me to go back and find it personally - hope this helps others.  You should just be able to track what you've thumbs up and down and should be able to delete them as you like.   

Yes. This sadly only works if you know the song title.

I agree with you that the process needs to be upgraded. Certainly something Spotify can work on.

the only issue with this solution, be it the best suggestion i've seen thus far - is that if you thumbs down something, you can't see what it is. so unless you've paid close attention to the name of the song or artist, you usually don't know where to go looking

[edit] woops, looks like someone else had said the same before me.  well, there ya have it...  but again, it's at least a construstive suggestion!  

Any chance of an update on this item?

Any word on this? Seems like its been long enough.

This has suddenly become the most annoying experience with Spotify. Accidently hit the thumbs down and no way to figure out what it was. A great song is now lost and probably won't get played again in Radio mode...

Seems like it should be something easy to fix.  The ratio of ease of fixing to customer frustration is great (meaning large - not good). 

So you were "looking into this matter" back in 2012, and you haven't done anything about it yet? What's the excuse? Don't have enough money? Don't care about your UX at all? We deserve some kind of response.

I couldn't agree more with everyone. How has this issue not been addressed?  I am now missing Pandora for THIS reason...accidentally thumbs downing a song-Pandora had a log of them...how does Spotify not have a log?!!  If you have a playlist automatically made from liking a song on radio mode, then you should be able to have a list of thumbs down so they can be reverted in teh case of accidents.  Long live music!

I'm actually going to be downgrading from premium because of this issue 😕

I'm pretty shocked that this wasn't fixed with the most recent update.  It doesn't seem like it would really take that much effort on their part to allow us to access past ratings as well as move the design so that thumbs up and down are not right next to each other. 

I'm considering downgrading as well. 

Me three

I just did the same thing. You had time to upgrade to a shiny new platform, but you couldn't fix this? You should hire more staff or something. I'm sure your budget allows for it, but if you keep refusing to listen to your customer base, it probably won't for much longer.A business can't get a profit when thier customers are fleeing for more advanced services..

I will still never know what song it was that I fat-fingered thumbs down. After that horrific incident, I've gone through and canceled spotify premium. When someone from spotify looks up what song it was that I thumbs down'd and implements a dislike log, I'll get premium again. THANKS.

You can delete radio stations now. At least on mobile. They added the feature a few weeks ago.

We are not talking about deleting radio stations, we are talking about undoing a thumb up/down vote.

This little bug is massively annoying, Spotify.  It's not that I mis-thumb songs that often, but it's more like "if you can't fix this one little thing, your attitude towards customers is terrible."   And this flaw goes along with the inability to see previous songs on the iPhone.  Pandora and Slacker both allow it, but not Spotify.  Slacker and Spotify both let you unthumb a song, but not Spotify.  

And then a Spotify employee came around and said "why would you want to see past songs?" ... Are you kidding me dude? 

You are like a girlfriend with a pretty face and great body, but farts all the time.  Instead of "please marry me now", it's more like "yeah, I'll keep dating you, but if something else comes along ... I'm gone."

so i stumbled upon this when i accidentally thumbs downed a song... all i did was search for it and add it to the "liked from radio" playlist. if you accidentally liked a song, could you just delete it from the playlist?? at least for me i thumbs up and down for the playlist, not necessarily to "improve the station" so if you just want the song in the playlist you could find it (if you remember it) and add it. i realize i'm probably being redundant by stating the obvious, so i'm sorry if this reply doesn't help

So I just moved from Pandora to Spotify last week, I'm kind of shocked that it looks like this issue's been around for over 2 years now and Spotify haven't fixed it, how hard would it be to add a right click->Advanced Station Options feature? Really...

Wow, there is a lot of butthurt here. For someone who did a quick google because of an accidental thumbs down, you all sure seem like you're losing sleep or money or some other precious resource over a lack of an undo for "I hit the wrong button all by myself". Take some personal responsibility guys, the spotify radio thing is awesome, and yeah this could do with a fix but crikey it isn't life shattering.

Man good point.  What are these people THINKING?!  Posting a valid complaint about a service they pay for on the appropriate venue?!  Gah, these heathens!  

I think most people are appauled at the fact that this thread is quite old and there still has not been an acknowledgement of it, nor any sign of a fix to come.  Take some personal responsibility?  Outside of saying "I've accidentally hit the thumbs down button" how else does one take any further responsibility?  I've yet to see anyone on here saying "Spotify thumbs-downed my songs automatically and out of an evil spite!"

Honestly, my favorite post in here is this one guy who took the time to read through all of this after just a "quick google" simply to act smug about a music streaming service he uses as well.

"Crikey"

Suggested posts