Music Fan
caday00

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

I accidentlally hit the thumbs down button on the Spotify Radio and was wondering if there was a way to view the list of songs/artitst that have been given the thumbs down or up; this is an artist I hope to find more music on but cannont recall their name? I suspect there has to be a file of some sort that is tracking this information, otherwise how would it know to play or not play that artist?

Thanks for your help. 

p.s.

The back button did not work. 

Spotify
David

Re: Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

Hey there!

The tracks you give the thumbs up should be added to a new playlist called "Liked From Radio". However, the rest of the tracks are on an automated system, and I don't think I can track down that artist I'm afraid.
-----
Spotify
Music Fan
MisterAlex

This is a bit of a pain--Pandora logs all of your thumbs up/down clicks, and you can log onto the website to view the lists. If needed, you can even remove any tracks you didn't mean to thumb up/down. It kind of stinks that my radio station has been "improved" to exclude stuff similar to a song I accidentally thumbed down.  =(

duy
Music Lover
duy

I agree. This needs to be changed. Having a touch screen phone this has and will happen often. Pandora has a great way of fixing it. Spotify should do the same.
Gig Goer
masochistmonkey

Do I really have to make a completely new radio station from the same song/artist just to correct an accidentally clicked thumb button?

Will this be fixed in a newer version of Spotify?

Bengan

We're discussing internally on how we should handle this issue, we want to be able to give our users a good way to see their thumbs up and down on a radio station and also alter them. I can't give you more details at the moment other than that we are looking into this issue :)

Label Star
dinomight

Glad this is being worked on. I just accidentally hit thumbs down when I meant to thumbs up the song; luckily right before I did that I also added the song to the playlist the station is based on. I'm kind of curious what effect that will have on the station...seems like there would be some sort of conflict.

- Brett

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Was this post helpful? If so, please be sure to add kudos.

Spotify ProfileLast.fm Profile My Soundrop Room
Music Fan
marisar

Yeh I just hit thumbs up by accident (it was intended for the previous song) and I clicked on the thumb again thinking it would undo it and no cigar. I'm quit fond of the Echo Nest system so I'll continue to use Spotify but now I have to re-create that entire station. That part I'm not so fond of. 

Since it's digitally-based I'm thinking that any data input can be reversed. Actually... how would that work?

Music Lover
Tollboy

I am just spit balling here, but maybe it would be a good idea if the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons on my phone were not right next to one another?

Gig Goer
themindseye

This is also a problem with the PC version of spotify. Glad to see someone with the company has replied. I feel like a ruined 2 of my favorite stations this way! while we are also on this note, I don't see why it would be so hard to let us thumbs up/down a song that has ended, or played a couple songs ago. I can still see the album art in the list, why can't i judge it!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.