Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding songs to current playlist

Solved!

Adding songs to current playlist

Is it possible to add songs to a playlist without playing them first (and use the standard add option)?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not 100% sure my answer is relevant, because I'm not completely sure what you are asking for.  In any case, if I understand what you want to do, you can add songs to your playlists easily without first listening to them.  On the list of songs, where the song you want to add is, swipe your finger from left to right accross the track you wish to add.  Then tap the + symbol in the center.  You should then get a screen that allows you to select the playlist to add the song to.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm not 100% sure my answer is relevant, because I'm not completely sure what you are asking for.  In any case, if I understand what you want to do, you can add songs to your playlists easily without first listening to them.  On the list of songs, where the song you want to add is, swipe your finger from left to right accross the track you wish to add.  Then tap the + symbol in the center.  You should then get a screen that allows you to select the playlist to add the song to.

Hope this helps!

thanks. thats what i wanted. didn't know about the swipe in the list view.

Great!  Happy to help! 🙂

sorry about my english. hello spotify, germany here;)

I've heard worse English from native speakers, so you've got nothing to worry about!  😉

Welcome to the community, by the way!

@jvanderb -

Just signed up for Spotify, looking to create and share playlists. Installed the app on my iPhone 4s and am registered for the free service. I have the same problem (looking to add different tracks to a playlist). I tried what you mentioned (swiping and hitting the plus sign then selecting the playlist.) My problem is that after I do this, I go to the playlist and the tracks aren't there. Hope that makes sense. What am I doing wrong? 

This no longer works in the latest version on iPhone.

Hmmm... When I swipe my finger accross a song, the whole screen moves, and no + sign appears. (on my iPad)

So far I can only put one song in a playlist.

In the newest version you can no longer swipe to get the add to playlist option. Instead, use the button (looks like an ellipsis) to the right of the song.

looks like a what?

I want to know how you can underground add songs (already on spotify) to commercial playlists-- AND can you do that without an account?

Suggested posts