Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adieu buggy premium account

Adieu buggy premium account

Read a zillion threads here (including the big ios offline issue - stickie) to no avail.
Been premium for a few months.
A few times spotify crashed on iphone and logs you out. When moments later you log back in, all playlists are there, available offline is green but everything is ...greyed out and no longer synced. A pain on a fast wifi, a real misery if you are traveling and have no fast wifi, just 3/4g. Really looks like either the data file gets corrupted or (more likely) spotify servers screw up the login process and the local app gets tricked into believing those synced files are not synced any longer.
I saw other users here report the same (one was in a plane), but they were ignored. ie. spotify teams do not know how to fix it.
Either way, time to vote with one s feet and stop giving them 9.99
Good luck buggy software !
3 Replies

@Dukeclarence

Just checking in on this, I do see the app crashing, but haven't heard any of them logging out. Can you make sure you have min 1GB of free space under iPhone Settings > General > Usage and do a clean reinstallation using the steps below?

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Also clear off Safari’s Cache under iPhone/iPad Settings > Safari and Clear all of the caches.

Once you're done so, it will be okay!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Thanks for your reply. It s a good working way to start from a clean slate but does not specifically solve my issue. There appears to be a number of external events besides the app crashing, like sudden loss of 3G coverage as a consequence of which spotify asks the premium user to log in again (it once happened to me when I was listening to an offline playlist). Once the user logs back in, spotify recognizes everything: premium status, list of playlists, list of offline tracks. It even shows the green big slider on those the user previously selected for offline availability. BUT when one tries to play one of those offline and already synced songs it tells you that the song is not synced. (And in fact the little downward green arrow left of the song s title is now grey and no longer green). This is clearly a BUG from spotify leaving the premium user with no offline music whatsoever until he re-syncs all his library meant to be available offline. (That is a true misery when no fast or free wifi is at hand)

@Dukeclarence As an alternative may I suggest that when you get out of your online zone, can you go to Spotify Settings > Usage > Flick on the Offline Mode?

And see how it goes from there?

Because I don't have this issue on my device, but I remember there was one thread that someone mentioned he did a full restore and installed the app again and it was okay, the crashes didn't happen anymore.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts