Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airplane Mode

Airplane Mode

I have spotify running on my ipad 2 and my iphone 4. I have set up the desktop application for my playlist to work offline, but when I get on a plane, put my phone into airplane mode spotify is asking me to log in. Why is it not working if all tracks are downloaded and it is set up for "off line mode". Really irritating.

27 Replies

Good luck getting an answer for thaypt one. I've contacted customer support several times and all I get is a automated email reply. 

It goes to show you once they get your money they no longer care about customers....it looks like I'm going back to Rhaspody. 

This is REALLYirritating. I'm just wondering if you have an answer to this one?

I too have this problem but it started only after upgrading my iPhone 4S to iOS 6

After having synced playlists and made them available in offline mode I changed the Spotify setting to offline mode. When flying (later same day) I set my iPhone (iOS6) in flight mode and switched the iPhone off. When switching the iPhone on and starting Spotify I was presented with Spotify login screen (login with facebook account or Spotify account). Since I was in the air with no internet connection I was unable to login and Spotify wouldn't start. This worked perfectly before upgrading to iOS6...

When trying the first time I had not yet set my facebook login in iOS6 direct integration but I tried the same proceedure after having added the login with the same result.

I got a reply from customer support and was advised to delete and reinstall the application ands so far it has worked ( only tried it once) so try doing what they suggested. 

I take that back.........I'm having the same issue again.........this is getting ridiculous.  

I do the same problem. Why do I pay extra for a feature that does not work?

Well, I'm real close to gong back to Rhaspody where I had NO PROBLEMS. Wondering why I switched.....

Hello,

How do you guys log in? With a Spotify username or the Facebook function?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm using Facebook login. The bug is that I'm presented with the login screen when starting Spotify in offline mode / no network connectivity. The login screen is the normal one offering to login using either Facebook or Spotify account.
(in offline mode, which is the actual bug, that either the login credentials are not cached in offline mode or Spotify exits the manually set offline mode)

Same for me. I use Facebook and it worked fine for awhile. But now as soon I turn on airplan mode I have to login again.

I'm having the same problem too.  iPhone 4 w/ iOS 6, authenticated with Facebook.

Steps to reproduce (which match what I do when I'm aboard a flight):

1) Turn on Airplane Mode

2) Turn off Device

3) Turn on Device and Start Spotify.

I also discovered this yesterday on a plane, iPad 2 / IOS 6, it's a real annoyance and totally defeats the purpose of having a paid subscription!!

Hey guys 🙂

Can you try creating a device password and then using that to log in on your mobile device rather than through Facebook. You should then be able to access Spotify in offline mode and airplane mode.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Quick response!! Thanks will give it a try.

Unfortunatly Spotify still needs to connect to the web to authenticate so that doesn't work either.... 

Sorry I don't have an iOS device to test this on 😞 

Does it give you an error message if you are using the device password method?

Peter

Peter

I'm sorry but when I go to that link and see my account details I don't see an option to create a device password, I must be missing something?

@Tam_Navulin wrote:

I'm sorry but when I go to that link and see my account details I don't see an option to create a device password, I must be missing something?

Direct link is:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/set-device-password/ 😉

Peter

Peter

Spoiler

For some reason that just ends up here https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/profile/ - I have tried typing it directly into the address bar too.... 

Suggested posts