Help - iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod classic)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
ctkkwood

Airplane Mode

I have spotify running on my ipad 2 and my iphone 4. I have set up the desktop application for my playlist to work offline, but when I get on a plane, put my phone into airplane mode spotify is asking me to log in. Why is it not working if all tracks are downloaded and it is set up for "off line mode". Really irritating.

Concert Regular
Jskellenger

Re: Airplane Mode

Good luck getting an answer for thaypt one. I've contacted customer support several times and all I get is a automated email reply. 

It goes to show you once they get your money they no longer care about customers....it looks like I'm going back to Rhaspody. 

Gig Goer
Klguest9

This is REALLYirritating. I'm just wondering if you have an answer to this one?

Concert Regular
extcon

I too have this problem but it started only after upgrading my iPhone 4S to iOS 6

After having synced playlists and made them available in offline mode I changed the Spotify setting to offline mode. When flying (later same day) I set my iPhone (iOS6) in flight mode and switched the iPhone off. When switching the iPhone on and starting Spotify I was presented with Spotify login screen (login with facebook account or Spotify account). Since I was in the air with no internet connection I was unable to login and Spotify wouldn't start. This worked perfectly before upgrading to iOS6...

When trying the first time I had not yet set my facebook login in iOS6 direct integration but I tried the same proceedure after having added the login with the same result.

Concert Regular
Jskellenger

I got a reply from customer support and was advised to delete and reinstall the application ands so far it has worked ( only tried it once) so try doing what they suggested. 

Concert Regular
Jskellenger

I take that back.........I'm having the same issue again.........this is getting ridiculous.  

Music Lover
Touri

I do the same problem. Why do I pay extra for a feature that does not work?

Concert Regular
Jskellenger

Well, I'm real close to gong back to Rhaspody where I had NO PROBLEMS. Wondering why I switched.....

Spotify
David

Hello,

How do you guys log in? With a Spotify username or the Facebook function?
-----
Spotify
Concert Regular
extcon

I'm using Facebook login. The bug is that I'm presented with the login screen when starting Spotify in offline mode / no network connectivity. The login screen is the normal one offering to login using either Facebook or Spotify account.
(in offline mode, which is the actual bug, that either the login credentials are not cached in offline mode or Spotify exits the manually set offline mode)
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.