Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Any way to listen at the same time on two different iPhones?

Any way to listen at the same time on two different iPhones?

3 Replies

Hey there @nitababyx3! Welcome to the community!

At this time, you can only stream to one device at a time. But you can download the music up to three different devices, and listen to one on offline mode so it doesn't interact with the other stream.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

My daughter and I are trying to both listen to different songs on an iPhone and an iPod.  I have saved the music that we listen to on each device and switched to off-line mode.  However, only one device will play music.  How can we both listen to our music of choice without interfering with the other?  Thanks.

Unfortunately, Spotify operates on a per-user subscription model, so each Spotify premium account is really meant to be used by one person only (and one device at a time), so you can only stream from one device at a time. If you wanted to be able to stream in both rooms, you would have to have two separate Premium subscriptions.

A workaround, however, is to save your playlists to be available offline on your devices. Depending on the device you are using, there should be an "Available Offline" button in the playlist something. This will download those upbeat or peaceful tracks to the device, which you can then play freely by going into your device and entering Offline Mode (off the top of my head, in iPhone you can access this under Settings>Playback>Offline Mode. Now that device is offline and can play music saved offline simultaneously with the streaming device.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Why-can-t-I-play-different-songs-on-...
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts