Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

April 2014 update - slow beyond belief

Solved!

April 2014 update - slow beyond belief

Takes ages to load a song, forever to switch between them, freezes on play\pause.

Happens on the latest IOS. Both iPhone 4s and 5.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on both devices.

Hope this gets sorted soon otherwise I'm going back to trusty iTunes.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There should be an update coming soon with bug fixes. (Version 1.1) It shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Going forward after the update, please be patient as the Spotify developers listen to feedback and continue to fix bugs, as well as make improvements.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

This is the same with me. So Frustrating. Please fix this Spotify.

I agree. This is a JOKE. I installed the VERY old Spotify for ios 4, ( i had it in purchase history on appstore) And guess what...it works, FLAWLESSLY, it starts super fast, lacks som functions from newer versions, like browse, but honestly, we dont care about that. You make playlists on PC then listen on the phone, its THAT simple Spotify...wake up!

I can't even get it to work. Crashes CONSTANTLY. Like every option is just another guarenteed crash. Want to go to profile? Crash. Want to songs? Crash. The playlists are also completely empty now.

Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't actually pay for the purpose of downloading songs onto my phone. Fix it asap. This is on my Galaxy S4 btw

Yes, please fix this Spotify.  It takes a good 5-10 seconds sometimes to skip to the next track.  It freezes when you try to pause.  Also, if you are trying to be like iTunes at least give us the most convenient part of their mobile app (allow us to use the alphabet vertically along the side of the artist list to pick which letter to skip to for faster scrolling)  Get your **bleep** together...

Much worse is Spotifys communication in this case.

3 Monkeys

Marked as solution

There should be an update coming soon with bug fixes. (Version 1.1) It shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Going forward after the update, please be patient as the Spotify developers listen to feedback and continue to fix bugs, as well as make improvements.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I agree, I hate this upgrade and beginning to hate spotify. App frustrates me every day. I cleaned hose, did full clean install with no improvement. What a piece of crap. What other streaming options are out there ? I want out.

This crappy release should have been tested prior to punishing customers with tis crap. There are so many obvious bugs.

Agreed, I do not mind as much as **bleep** happens. But the fact it is already a week, nothing from Spotify. The only reason I pay and use spotify isn't working properly, that in itself is just laughable. Don't try to fix what ain't broken. Especially don't break something for some ugly layout update.

Even if they pushed a release immediately after the previous application went out, it probably wouldn't have made it through Apple's approval process yet. Sadly, that adds additional time onto things.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Getting really fed up with this all the freezing up on this app, The main reason for getting the premium subscription is to have it on my phone, if this doesn't get sorted soon I'm ditching it and going back to itunes.

I love spotify, and this is the first serious problem I've had.  Given the the base of iphone 4S users, I'm suprised there wasn't more thorough testing done before app release.  What's adds to the frustration is that the last version worked perfectly, so it would have been nice if they were more professional about app testing and release.  Hopefully the new update will be coming soon!  Otherwise, it would be nice if we got some sort of credit for this month's subscription fee.  🙂

@125463651 - I tested the app as part of the Your Music beta on my 4S and I have to say I haven't had as many issues as I've seen posted on the community with regards to the app being slow to respond - so model obviously isn't the only thing at work here.

I do agree, it is slower across the board though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

For what it's worth, when I first did the upgrade, it ran fine...... It's now a joke, and a very bad one at that!

I loved the webplayer, but now I can't even load my playlists. Spins for entire minutes and then say it couldn't load.

All other site seem fine. Surely miss being able to use this! What's wrong?

The desktop app version 0.9.8.296 is HORRIBLE!! I almost can't use it with such a lag when I click anything. Tried reinstalling. No help. I am on the verge of canceling my paid premium subscription. This software just keeps going down hill.

+1 on the slowness on Windows 7 desktop.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled (using the full installer as suggested by another thread) and I am still experiencing debiliatating slowness.  The Browse and Discover sections are NOT working at ALL!   I am also unable to get the search screen to load after selecting an artist, track, or album from the search box dropdown.   After selecting an artist from the dropdown nothing occurs within the main section of the screen. 

Is this new?

Is anyone looking into this from Spotify?  Are there some sort of diagnostics that I need to run as evidence to this sad state of affairs.  I have been a huge proponent of Spotify and would really not that to stop.  Please show us that your customer service is top-notch as well.

Has this release come out yet?   And is this release for the desktop version.

Suggested posts