Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't delete songs on Starred playlist using mobile app

Solved!

Can't delete songs on Starred playlist using mobile app

As of yesterday (I think my Spotify app updated yesterday), when I swipe right on a song in my Starred playlist, it no longer brings up the button to delete that song. This isn't a problem with any of my other playlists on mobile, and I can still delete songs from my Starred playlist using the Spotify computer program. This is just a problem with the Starred playlist on mobile. Help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone! This should be sorted for you in the latest iOS update (1.7.0). 

Please post here if you're having trouble deleting songs on the Starred playlist after that update. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

It's working for me now.  Note: you have to select the Edit option from the three dots in the upper-right-hand corner.

Here are my issues:

1. It would have been easier if you kept the swipe to delete option for every song.  Not sure why you got rid of it. 

2. It also would have been nice if the search field could still be used when trying to edit a playlist.  That way I could easily find a song and delete it. My playlists are huge!  Now I have to search through hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of songs just to find the one track I want to delete. 

This app becomes less and less user-friendly with every update.  You definitely need to start considering focus groups, Spotify.  It's like you're no longer thinking about the consumer. 

Marked as solution

We are rolling out version 1.7.0 today--please give that a try when you have the latest update. Thanks!

Marked as solution

I am not a newbie. I've had this service for at least a year.

Marked as solution

Guys hit the triple dot at the top right hand corner beside the words starred. Tap n tap edit. Thereafter u can delete starred songs.

Marked as solution

Read all the posts!  The issue is not just deleting songs in a playlist.  The issue is being able to search for the song within the playlist then  delete it!  You used to be able to search for a song in the playlist and swipe right to delete it.  Now the only way to find a song is to first click on those three dots to edit the playlist then scroll through all the songs looking for the one you want to delete!

114 Replies

I've tried to remove songs from my starred list, but it won't let me. I can't swipe left to delete and when I press the three dots in the top right hand corner it doesn't give me a delete option. Two iPhones use my Spotify premium subscription and neither can delete.

Both phones are an iPhone 5S on iOS 7.1.2 and using the new update for Spotify.

Exeriencing same issue. Up until last night I could swipe left to delete from star list, now that doesn't work and there are no other options. iphone 5S, iOS 7.1.2 and latest version of Spotify (as already tried deleting and resinstalling the app).

I deleted and reinstalled too on my device and the other device it's installed on with no joy.

Can you delete from other playlists (don't have my iPhone to hand to test)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I created a playlist specially to test it and yes, I can delete from other lists but not my starred list. I think it's a bug.

I'm asking around about this now.

Peter

Thanks! Hopefully this gets sorted soon. 🙂

Can confirm Spotify are aware of this issue and working on a fix. 🙂

Peter

I've had the same problem since yesterday and spent a lot of time on a day off work trying to figure it out. No luck so far. Very frustrating as I add and delete songs to my starred playlist everyday., and very disappointing given the fact that I pay for this service. Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

. . . yeah, same thing
I used my laptop to make a duplicate of the stared playlist that I can edit. . .
(create new playlist, selected all songs from Stared and dropped them into new playlist)
but this will lead to another problem:
the stared playlist is pinned to the top of the playlists
my duplicate will get lost under new playlists I create. . . because the iOS app doesn't allow playlist ordering (though the laptop and iPad do)

frustrating, hope it is addressed in the next update

perhaps they are just (force) phasing out the new Stared idea. . .

How can I remove songs in the favorite playlist? It's supposed to be like in the other playlist, sliding the finger from right to left, but now nothing happens. And there isn't any remove option anywhere, or at least I can't find it. Help please! Million thnx

This has stopped working since the last update. 1.0.6

It's now impossible to delete songs from the "starred/favorites" playlist. Can only be done through the desktop player.

Also, i can delete tracks from any playlist including the Starred Playlist easily from the laptop, however those changes aren't mirrored on the iPhone. All my Starred Playlist tracks are gone from my laptop, but are still hanging around on my iphone. Any changes that i make to anything else are pretty much instantly synced to my iPhone (i.e i delete a track from my "Gym" playlist using my laptop, then by the time i've picked up my phone to check, it's already gone). 

Not so with the Starred Playlist.

Have the same issue, only is a problem on iPhone. Neither iPad nor Mac has this problem. Version 1.6.0.1746.

In the starred playlist i find that some items can be deleted however when you do it it tells you the items was removed from your music, this is becuase its saved to my music separately from the playlist. And the item doesn't leave the starred playlist, it just gets unsaved from my music. The attached picture shows this.

This definitely seems to be a bug.
image.jpg

I've already escalated this to the Spotify team, you guys will hear back on this in just a bit!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Merged a few threads together into one consolidated thread, hope that clears things up!
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Thanks so much for taking the initiative to help fix this problem! : ) I look forward to a (hopefully quick) response from Spotify.

UPDATE
@Hirlingers and friends, just heard back from Spotify this morning, they are working on this! There'll be a fix for this soon.
I'm here to shuffle!

Thanks jeremygoh, you rock!

Suggested posts