Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't listen to every songs on iPad

Can't listen to every songs on iPad

Hello everyone,

i have a premium spotify account on my iPad, it works great but there are some songs that I can't listen to, for example, I'm on an artist album and there is some songs that appears grey, when I tap the song to listen to it it just won't do anything. And I've tried to listen to the same song on mit computer it will work, and on a friend mobile its working too. is it because my spotify account is French? would it be the reason why I can't listen to all songs? Thank you

11 Replies

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂

This is very strange, there should be no difference between the tracks available to stream on your main computer and your mobile device. Are you sure that you don't have the tracks stored locally on your computer and you have not synced them to your mobile device?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello!

thank you so much for getting back to me!

i am 100% positive i dont have the music in my computer. 

It did that with 2 or 3 artists And i dont Know why i CAN't get to listen to them, for some I can see the album and the title of the songs but instead of being in black it's grey so when I tape the title it won't play. And for some other the title of the song just won't show on my ipad. But on my friends smart phone it show and they also can listen to them. I'll give you the artists maybe it will help: tristen - special kinda fear (that's the song that won't even show on the ipad) and orange blood album named coastal groove (actually it won't even show anymore) please help!

Hey again 🙂 

I can't seem to find the first song on my desktop spotify either, but I can play the second album (I think). 

This is a strange issue, can you listen to all of the songs you suggested on your desktop but not on the iPad? 

I have escalated this to the forum staff too, just incase any of them have any clues to what is going on here!

Peter

Peter

Could you put the tracks that won't play in a playlist and then link it here?

I can find and play the tracks you've mentioned ok. So unless they've been removed from your territory (where are you, by the way?) it shouldn't be a content issue.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

You might need to enable viewing of unplayable tracks to be able to do this. You can do it by unticking the "Hide unplayable tracks" box in the Edit > Preferences menu. 

Peter

Peter

I unticked  he hide unplayable tracks and I still can't see the album, I'm in the us and my spotify account is French, do you think it might be the problem? Can I change my country on my spotify account? Thank you for you help!

Are you getting a message that the tracks are unplayable in your country?

And you should be able to change your country on your profile page: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

No I don't get any message, that's just what I've conclude. Btu i can't change my country because the card paying for the account is French, I've already tried and its saying that the card should be issued from the same country. 

That's right, the country set in your profile has to match the one for you card.

I think we should carry this on by email rather than going back and forth over the forums. Please fill in our contact form and we'll get back to you asap.

Hello! I have a similar problem. I have spotify free and i made a station on my mobile device that won't let me hear any of the songs. I'm not trying to play them on demand, just listen to the radio station. But all the songs turn up grey and Won't Play.no message. Please help!

@xkattastrophiex wrote:
Hello! I have a similar problem. I have spotify free and i made a station on my mobile device that won't let me hear any of the songs. I'm not trying to play them on demand, just listen to the radio station. But all the songs turn up grey and Won't Play.no message. Please help!

You do stream on demand using a radio station, you just can't choose what you stream 😉

Are you in the US? I'm assuming so. Please ensure you have a good enough internet connection 🙂

Suggested posts