Help - iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod classic)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
Oubastet
Accepted Solution

Can't login to spotify app

I signed up to spotify and created a premium account using my facebook credentials, unfortunatly I can't login to the app. When I click on the login using facebook button it opens safar and attempts to pull up facebook so I can login but the stupid thing just sits there and spins.

I've tried on my home wifi, work wifi, and 3g networks, redownloaded the app, and restarted the phone. Is something wrong with the service?

Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Can't login to spotify app

Hey, very warm welcome to the Community!

Just go here and try this link https://www.spotify.com/faccount/social/facebook/.

Does Spotify work normally in PC? Problem just in phone?

Hope this works!
Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Lover
Oubastet

Had to change the url to https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/ but it works fine on the PC. The problem is just with the phone.

Award Winning Artist
hpguru

Oh my bad... I just removed /fi/ from link without joy. :smileyvery-happy:

But could you please try completely re-install of Spotify?

Please note that your offline playlists will need to be synced again after reinstallation.

Do the following:

• Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol.
  • Restart your iPod/iPhone.
  • Install Spotify again from the AppStore.
Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Award Winning Artist
hpguru

Also you can try login with your Spotify username (numbers). You can find it by log in to Spotify.com. The password is a Facebook password I believe.
Music Fan
Hymer

I seem to have the same problem - but the solution does not help.

A week or so ago I was trying the free Spotify on my ipod.  It all worked fine but I deleted the app after the free 48 hours.

Then I decided to go all in.  I got Spotify on my PC - works great using my Facebook login.

Upgraded to Premium.  Downloaded the app.  Selected "Login with Facebook".  The Ipod tries to connects to Facebook and shows the Facebook error: Sorry, Something went wrong.  We;'re working to fix it, blah blah.

I have tried removing the app several times and reinstalling but I always get the same result.

I don't even get to a Username - Password screen.

It was working fine last week.  The only thing I am aware of that has changed between now and then is that my iPod was upgraded to Ios 5.1.1.

HELP!  Or there's no point in me paying premium.

Music Fan
lifezzgood

I had the same problem - I was able to login by selcting Spotify Details rather than using Facebook and entering the same id/password you would have used for Facebook.  

Gig Goer
hugo898

This fixed the problem for me! Just use your facebook log in info!

Music Lover
sireuy

I'm having the same problem now. I have been using spotify premium on my HTC one xl for the last 3 weeks.
It's been great but happened yesterday whatever radio station I got into the music plays, but it gives no sound. So I tried logging out and logging back in. Then the facebook error appears, it seems there is a link that the browser cannot find.

I use this app everyday, loved it but I never imagine it would be so hard and frustrated just to log in.
Music Fan
Runas96

ily it worked

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.