Gig Goer
DisasZt

Cant detect iPod via USB

i've been trying to synch my iPod with Spotify for the last 2days now.it doesnt matter what i do,the software wont detect the device.
I've re.installed the app and the software on my pc but nothing seems to work.I really need a solution for this.I cant ssynch via WIFI because my Connection is to slow and it would take ages to do.
PLEASE HELP! ireally want to use Spotify,but if this doesnt get solved I'll have to cancel Premium...

Music Lover
Josema8

Re: Cant detect iPod via USB

Same problem here.

My iPod touch 3G won't be detected via USB by my desktop Spotify no matter what I try. This is annoying because I can't transfer local files on playlists.

Any solution to this?. Evaluating premium also and this and other oddities are drawing me back, like why the hell I have files that exist on Spotify and exist on my iPod AND ITunes but refuse to play on the playlist I have on iPod (grey non-playable songs!!!!).

Thanks

Garage Band
swisscub

Have you guys tried

- using different USB ports on your computers to see if it's recognised by any others than the one you're using?

- using another iPod cable?

- restarting your iPod's when they're connected and supposed to be recognised by your computers?

Community Manager
Meredith

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone - I just want to clear up some points made in this thread. In order to sync your offline playlists a wifi connection is required. 

In fact, using a USB might actually hinder the process even further. It's key that you make sure your computer and your device are on the same wifi in order for your device to be detected. 

For more information please check out our FAQ page

--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Gig Goer
DisasZt

so if using USB doesnt work why does it say that i can use it to sync??

neo-x
Kudos: 1,982
Solutions: 70

Actually a good point. The picture and the message at the program itself doesn't even suggest the option for the newer iPods to sync over Wifi instead it just shows the generic iPod information.

Suggestion is to change the text / logo and add a text to Wifi for the iPods.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Community Manager
Meredith

[ Edited ]

DisasZt & neo-x -- If you're using an iPod Touch like the users above, then you should sync your offline playlists over a wifi connection.

However, if you're using an iPod Nano, Classic or Shuffle you will need to connect via USB cable to sync your local files. 

--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
neo-x
Kudos: 1,982
Solutions: 70

I understand that - I just offered a suggestion to add the wifi iPods to the place where it says sync over wifi. The information on the program itself are now misleading.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Gig Goer
Sly75

same problem here, I used to be able to sync my ipod nano 2nd gen (no wifi, just usb) before, and it has recently become "invisible" to spotify.

the same ipod can be seen/used via itunes (so cable and usb ports are fine) but spotify doesn't acknowledge it at all.

please note, when I try to sync, itunes is not running so there's no conflict there. spotify version used is 0.8.3.222.g315ab79d. got a premium subscription and all i am trying to sync are my local files.

thanks for reading.

Gig Goer
Sly75

[ Edited ]

turns out that if I try to install the previous release (0.8.2.610) it shows up the ipod again!!!

whoohooo, I think!!!

but then... wait a minute... it's upgrading without asking me to...!!

**bleep**!! Back to 0.8.3.222 :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

so there, the dream of connecting the ipod again has vanished because of an autoupgrade. and for a service that I pay for, this is RIDICULOUS. there is clearly a bug somewhere in the new release - can't explain why the ipod works with the previous release otherwise - and now I am not even allowed to use the old release??

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.