Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chronic Can't Login... message freezes even after reset and reinstall

Solved!

Chronic Can't Login... message freezes even after reset and reinstall

Sent this to spotify help but thought I would throw this out here:

I have enjoyed spotify trouble free for some time. I have an iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and have not upgraded to iOS7, still have iOS6. Without having to explain the reason, it it necessary not to upgrade at this time. I also have a PC laptop win7 but it is being used for other purposes

I am currently in a very isolated location but have a 100% connection, WiFi and cellular. Other apps work fine. I am here for another 5 weeks and am panicking. Please HELP ASAP - time is of the essence here. J I only have quick breaks during the day but at night I have a little more time. I spent my entire day off yesterday trying to troubleshoot with no luck.

My only form of entertainment is my Spotify. I don't use apps to play games.

*It worked great on both devices for the first few days. I was only listening to the offline songs since it was easier to access as I move around.

Then it began crashing and and freezing and giving the message "Can't log in user name or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for Spotify?’" at that point it usually locks up my device.

I can sometimes double press to show the open/running  apps and turn it off manually but when I reopen  it does the same thing again. But usually I have to either do a quick or hard reboot to get control again of the device..

**This is STILL HAPPENING AFTER I RESET ALL DEVICES as well as uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify several times.

Since doing that, I can open Spotify on my iPad for a few seconds before it goes to the “Can’t login….”

Only once did it open I played one song and tried to download a short playlist for offline listening but it crashed and then began the cycle of open for a few seconds and then “can’t login…” again.

THIS IS MADDENING and sucking up every bit of free time I have making it very stressful. I use music to help distress and sleep and I’m just getting more stressed out.

PLEASE WHEN YOU REPLY, BE AS THOUGHTFUL and DETAILED AS POSSIBLE as I will most likely not be able to respond until end of day and want to avoid a prolonged dialog. I just want to rest and have my music. Simple.  Could the problem be with the Spotify update and me not having iOS7? Is there a way I can reinstall an older version that was stable for me?

Although, my iPhone never had trouble and I updated it regularly. It was not until I updated Spotify on my iPad that this trouble began.

Desperately waiting for a response.

Thanks , Tracy

Spotify Premium account, using iPhone5, iPad4, and Laptop PC Windows 7, Logitech UE Boombox Bluetooth portable speaker.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try:
Put your phone/iPad into airplane mode > Open spotify > Logout > Take airplane mode off > Log into spotify.

Does it still crash?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you try:
Put your phone/iPad into airplane mode > Open spotify > Logout > Take airplane mode off > Log into spotify.

Does it still crash?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This fixed this issue.  Thanks from both of us!

Suggested posts