Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on iOS devices (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
506 Replies

It is only a workaround, but I would suggest simply saving albums as playlists as well. For some reason, it's just the Artist and Album sections of Your Music that are not available offline, but the songs are still saved offline, so you can just access them through a playlist.

Overall, until Your Music is greatly improved with these little niggly issues resolved, I'm sticking with the starred playlist and other playlists.

I have the same problem andi just canceled my rdio subscription  , i will give them to the end of the month then it's back to rdio if they can't fix it.

I have an Ipod Touch 5G runining IOS 7.1.2 and ever since I did the last Spotify update to: 1.8.0.2444 I cannot listen to anything in offline mode.  I can sync fine over wifi and it lets me download to the device but when I put Spotify into offline mode it shows the albums as downloaded but will not let me listen to them, it just shows 3 circles and goes no further.  I have removed and re-installed app and there is 5gb left on my Ipod.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hey @user-removed I just moved your post over to this similar thread. 

Please keep an eye here for updates. We've got the right folks on the case!

Hello,

Since the last update (version 1.8.0.2444) I can no longer access my saved albums when offline.

The albums show up in Your Music section but then once opened the songs aren't there. However they do open in my Playlists and Songs.

The other issue is that new saved albums since this update won't download for offline listening.

As a Premium customer this is quite frustrating as I starting paying so that I could listen offline.

Is there a solutionn to this issue?

Many Thanks,

Lotte

I use an iPhone5. I had to delete Spotify to install iOS8 because offline playlists were apparently taking up space even after I had eliminated them.

I reinstalled Spotify after the iOS8 update and ever since I have not been able to make items available offline. If I make an album available offline, it will not download over LTE immediately, but will only become available offline song-by-song as I play the songs.

I am also now having the problem others noted where an album made available offline shows doesn't show up under your music>albums but the songs come up under your music>songs.

Downloading over LTE is one of the main reasons I use premium Spotify, so I hope this issue is fixed soon.

Reinstalled and reset the "Sync over cellular" setting in music quality. Now syncs over LTE.

Hi I'm having issues downloading anything to my iPad now and am bored of waiting for Your Music. When I select a playlist to download there is no reaction from the app. I can continue to do anything else but no downloading. On the Your Music issue - it must be almost a year now so I'm off. Google play music here we come! Shame really - maybe not employing enough developers.

Thought I'd check back to see if there's been any updates/progress with the offline issues. Looks like nothing has really happened, which is quite frustrating considering the premium fee I'm (as well as others) are paying. Pretty good chance I'll unsubscribe from Premium and revert back to iTunes, unless others know of a similar music service that's affordable. 

Any input is welcome!

I was on two flights on Tuesday and Today. My offline saved albums played perfectly on the firsy flight in offline mode. Today, on my return flight my saved albums/playlists were not available. When selected the horizontal "working" lights would flash, but the underlying songs would not load.

The songs were available by searching for the artist, but out of order. I have an updated iphoen 5s with the lastest Spotify app.

Marked as solution

Hello,

I deleted Spotify and updated my software to iOS 8.0.2.

I have since reinstalled Spotify and it all seems to be working again. Phew!

Thanks,

Lotte

I did this before and it did not solve the problem.  This isn't a valid solution

Could a moderator PLEASE unmark this as a solution.

I have tried this three times over the last week and it has not fixed the issue.

Dear Spotify, this issue has been going on for at least 12 months and it clearly hasn't been a priority up until this point - it would be great if you could fix it as it is directly affecting those users who are most likely to spread positive word of mouth about the products (i.e. Premium users)

Thanks

Darius

I went to settings>playback and enabled offline mode, this seems to solve my problem but I will be back if it doesn't.

P.S. I had enabled this before but with the spotify update it was disabled.

I had this problem with my iPhone 5s and I'm having it with my new iPhone 6.  This situation occurs all the time and appears to only happen with playlist that I set for offline use.  You will see in the attached video (archived) that the player looks like the song is playing but no sound is coming out.  If I grab the track button and slide it back to the beginning (or just back a little bit), the song starts playing.  The nex song will more than likely play fine and maybe the 2 or 3 following songs.  However, at some point a random song will behave this way later on.  

In this play list I have a mixture of non-spotify and spotify songs synced up.    This is starting to get really annoying. 🙂

Sorry, I should have let the silent play go longer, but, yo ucan see it goes on for a couple of seconds before I slide the button back and then the music starts up.

Problem #1 affects me. Certain playists will be playable, and for others, even though they are shown as downloaded, will not be playable.  It began when my account expired and I activated a new 1-month gift card. I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for weeks, wasting most of that month. The main reason why I pay for Spotify premium is to listen to my music offline, so I really hope this will be fixed before I pay for more premium cards.

This is the only problem I have had with Spotify ever, other than that it's a fantastic service and I really appreciate that it exists.

I updated Spotify today and the problem still remains. I'm going to try to delete spotify, update my iPod to iOS 8.1 and then reinstall spotify and see if that fixes it.

Look, I am having problems with accessing my offline music for more than three weeks now. Last update did not solve anything. This is becoming REALLY unacceptable. What am I paying for? Come on Spotify! I used to recommend you to friends and family, well that is not going to happen anymore. Please fix this. 

Just tried the lasted update on the tube and still no luck. Wtf spotify? How bad are your devs and testers? This is beyond unacceptable for paying customers! Fix this asap or at the very least reply to the people who find your paycheques! It's really not that much to ask.

Hi, my solution did not last long. The next day (while I was in another country, without internet) I got the bug again and could not access albums.

Spotify, fix this please.

Sly

Contact form submitted through website.

I will be cancelling my premium soon if not fixed!

Please reply!!

Suggested posts