Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: iOS Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on iOS devices (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
506 Replies

I deleted Spotify, upgraded my iPod to 8.1, then reinstalled spotify. I set only the Songs section to "Available Offline, leaving this off for all artists and albums. This appears to have fixed it for me after having spot checked a few artists. Only one artist I've checked so far does not have their songs available. I'll report back if this does not remain the case.

The songs under artists are no longer available for me.

I'm also experiencing this problem (#1 from OP), specifically with saved albums that I have downloaded for offline play. They won't actually load or play when the phone is offline.

Support has been totally unhelpful. They didn't even seem to be reading my emails before replying with unrelated suggestions that didn't fix the problem.

Offline playlists on my iPhone are my primary reason for paying for Spotify. After seeing the way the company has handled this issue I'll likely be canceling my subscription.

I also face #1 issue.

I cannot start playing the offline saved albums without internet connection. The reason that we pay premium is this exact option.

Regards,

I'd like to remind you all that there is a workaround. This bug prevents viewing album contents. But the songs are there. You can go the SONGS section and use the Filter feature to filter by Artist or Album name and then you can play the songs.

I experienced issue #1. When connected to the internet my playlists (added all of them to "my music" as well which helped for a while) are availiable. Everytime I close Spotify and turn on the offline mode the issue reoccurs.

I am using an Ipod, version 8.0.2

Hi!

No. 1 applies to me. It is not syncing any new music I add to existing playlists or newly created playlist. It does not even try to sync the playlist when switched to offline mode when connected to the internet. I even went to turn offline mode off on an existing playlist that was already offline and switched it back on hoping it would kick the new songs into syncing but the opposite happened. It only synced half of the playlist including songs that were previously available offline.

I also have the #1 problem. Only the albums / artists that I recently listened to are occasionaly available. I downloaded all songs, artists, albums etc. but most of it isn't available in offline mode.

#1 sorta applies although it isn't affect Playlists. However, when I attempt to make an Album available offline, I can never access the album when I am offline (even though the content is downloaded.) Playlists work fine, but it is annoying that I can't view Albums since that is my general use-case for listening to music.

I also experience #1 from the OP. 

Rundown of issue.

Click save on an album

Select it to be available offline

if having a slow internet connection or offline, when i go back to my albums and sort to those that are offline, it will show the list of available albums, but then when I click on them, they won't load. just get the 3 dots loading screen. 

If I am online, i experience this issue at times, but not always.

This only happens w/ Saved albums. Doesn't happen with offline playlists.

Nothing works for me regarding offline syncing on my iPhone 6 & iPad Air, both running iOS 8.1. When i try to sync a single song, all i can see is the white spinning wheel that never stops.

Also, i can`t sync entire playlists/folders. When i try to sync by tapping the little arrow in a list/folder, nothing happens and no songs are synced downloaded.

Please fix this asap because this feature is why i`m a premium subscriber.

Seriously, will there be a fix for this issue anytime soon?

I'm running Spotify on two ipods, one is Gen 4 with iOS 7, the other Gen 5 with iOS 8. Both show the same symptoms with albums  that were downloaded for offline use not playing and Spotify only showing the white dot loading thing. 'Funnily', Gen 5 had issues for quite some weeks now, while Gen 4 only started showing this behavious this week.

As quite a number of others pointed out as well, the main reason for a Spotify premium account is being able to download albums for offline use. So while I'm an absolute fan and evangelist of Spotify, I'm seriously cancelling my premium account for now and only maybe get back on board when this has been fixed for good. For now I'd be happy with Spotiy Support officially recognizing this issue and promising a solution within the next few weeks.

Team spotify should be ashamed of themself!
This bug has been here forever now!
What are you doing? Nothing!

I demand a full pay back of everything I have ever spent on Spotify!

I feel like throwing up just thinking about your buggy app!

I have issue number 1 and it is persistent (100% of the time), I can't find a resolution to this issue (offline playlists not available without going online).

This is very frustrating as it is the only reason I pay for premium.

I was fine for the most part on my iPhone 5s, however since I've moved to an iPhone 6 Plus, every time I go offline and try to access my offline music, I am unable to do so. 

To recreate, I go to 'Your Music' and then 'Albums' and can see all of the albums I've saved plus the 'green offline arrow' indicator to indicate they are already downloaded and should be available to play, however if I try to access one of these albums to start playing it, I get the  animated 3 dots 'timer' and it never gets past that wait animation.

I am using an iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 8.1

Hoping this can be fixed soon 😞

I've got exactly the same problem re: not being able to play albums saved to play in offline mode, when I'm actually offline. I'm saving to playlists but that's just a workaround. This is key functionality that I'm paying Spotify for very specifically that is not available. I seriously expect Spotify to offer a refund/ rebate to Premium customers, as they are not delivering a core part of their service.

So it's been almost a month now and I still haven't seen any legitimate resolutions provided by Spotify Admins or board officials. It seems they 're either oblivious to this thread or hoping that the problem goes away by simply ignoring it (I don't want to make these assumptions, but this is certainly what it feels like). I can only wager that Spotify isn't into refunding premium users that are having the offline music problems, so it looks like I'll just unsubscribe from the Premium membership. 

This is sad sauce, Spotify. Your offline playability was my escape from the cubicle world that is my office and commute, not to mention it made listening to tons of music so much easier than having to manually upload everything via iTunes. I sincerely hope you recognize and resolve this issue, otherwise there might be additional members that might unsubscribe. 

Attached is a sad little pup that is having the same offline music issues. 

sp5.jpg

Looks like they don't give a s-h-i-t. Maybe it's time to switch to other app. I'm having the same problem and I can't even contact the support because Spotify doesn't have any.

Well it looks like I'm not the only with that problem! I can't sync any song or album unless there's on a playlist!

Also I had the same problem in an android device but now works good!

#1 is my issue.  

I cannot see or play any of my songs i have saved in offline mode when I set the settings to  OFFLINE MODE. 

Any news on when this will be fixed?

Suggested posts