Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete a song from a playlist while on my iPhone?

Solved!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just open the playlist, open up the options (three dots at the top) and you'll be able to edit your playlist. Remove songs by pressing the red symbol next to them.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You should just be able to do this under My Settings > Preferences > Privacy
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

View solution in original post

51 Replies
Marked as solution

Just open the playlist, open up the options (three dots at the top) and you'll be able to edit your playlist. Remove songs by pressing the red symbol next to them.

Thanks! How do I delete my email address so it does not display on my community profile 

Marked as solution

You should just be able to do this under My Settings > Preferences > Privacy

Thanks!  How about an iPad version?

The iPad request on this community can be found right here!

Airhorn Enthusiast

No easier way?? Why not make it as easy as adding a song??? Djeezes. Premium user but going to shift to another music provider.

The solution certainly enables deletion of a song from a playlist on an iPhone but if all songs are removed the name of the playlist remains (shows as 0 songs).

Can the playlist name be removed?  

And another query ...  if songs are removed is space freed up on the iPhone?

By removing songs from playlist you don't remove them from device.

So there's no way to clear songs form my **bleep**ty iPhone? Thank god, ill switch to android in 2 months.

If you have your iPod set to automatically sync with your iTunes library, then just right-click the song you wish to remove and click "delete" (and click "move to recycling bin" after). Of it goes into cyberspace. If you don't want to permanently delete songs from iPhone, then uncheck it.

If you have your iPod set to manually manage your music, then you will need to plug your iPod into your computer. Then click "Music" under the iPod icon on iTunes (there may be an arrow hiding all the divisions of your iPod, but click it so it faces downwards). When all your songs are displayed, do the same thing I said above. It will no longer be on your iPod, but it will still be on your iTunes.

Is it possible to remove a song from a playlist while listening to it, when I click the three dots, I do not see that feature.  Is that feature available on Premium?

No, you need to remove it from the playlist view.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I do not have a red dot when i press the 3 dots.  How do I remove a song from a playlist on Iphone 4?

Thanks for that,works a treat.

Here's also a guide to help you delete music from iPhone.

Feel free to check it out.

So you have to search for the title by scrolling in the playlist before deleting it? Sorry, but this is cumbersome. I want to delete the actually playing title. Not possible? Why?

Does this completely delete the song? To allow me a little more memory to add more songs?

How do I delete a song from my Playlist from the "now playing" menu. This is needed!

Agreed. it is available on the PC and IPad, why is there no thumbs down or delete option at the phone level?

Suggested posts