Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete songs off of my playlists in the newest version of spotify?

Solved!

How do I delete songs off of my playlists in the newest version of spotify?

It won't allow me to slide and delete songs or edit my playlists. How do I fix this or is there another way to delete songs?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! The newest version still uses the slide feature to delete songs. I just tried and it worked for me. Have you attempted a  clean reinstallation of the application?

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The notes for the iPhone App release explained how to delete songs...if that's not working on your phone, then I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there! The newest version still uses the slide feature to delete songs. I just tried and it worked for me. Have you attempted a  clean reinstallation of the application?

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

This doesn't work. I reinstalled the app on iOS and it didn't work. The problem isn't on the computer so I saw no need for a clean reinstallation. It won't allow me to slide and delete on my device.
Marked as solution

The notes for the iPhone App release explained how to delete songs...if that's not working on your phone, then I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

Yes!
There is now an edit button!
Thank you for your help.

Glad I could assist!

I ran into the same issue, which was especially problematic as I try to clear space for iOS 8.  Would have been nice for Spotify to alert users of the change to an Edit mode, either via release notes or in-app messaging.

That'd be a great suggestion for the Ideas Board!

Thanks for alerting me to the edit button!  I've been trying to solve this for a week!

I have this problem on my androids. Is there a way to get to edit on my devices?

You actually have to go to the three dots in the top right corner and scroll down. Edit should be there and then you can change your songs. That's at least what works for me on iOS

Where is the edit button?

Found it, great!!!

I have thousands of songs on my Spotify playlist. Why isn't there an option to remove a song from a particular playlist when I select it? In other words, currently on all devices, I have to click edit and manually scroll to find the song amongst thousands of songs, then delete it. There HAS to be another way. If there is one, please let me know. If there isn't one, Spotify should fix this problem ASAP as more and more people will complain when there playlists get bigger.

Thank you.

This is a real problem. On mobile devices deleting a song from a playlist takes ages. It must be addressed so you can delete a sing currently playing

So I need the time to remain during a track as I'm an indoor cycling teacher. Also, I can't seem to delete tracks off playlist it only removes from library?! Also, how can I rearrange playlist, click and drag doesn't work!!! Spotify is driving me bonkers!!!!!

The artist name and title disappear when this is done....but the songs play on.  My playlist says 104 songs, but there is over 130.

Terrible UX. Your app overall is great but this feature is terrible. The person who created the workflow should be fired.

Suggested posts