Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete the synced offline files from my iPhone?

Solved!

How do I delete the synced offline files from my iPhone?

Hey people! I just unchecked "offline" for all my playlists on my iPhone to free up some memory. However the usage of the Spotify-App is still shown with 1GB. Is there any way to get rid of the cached songs besides reinstalling the app? Regards, Marius

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

At the moment, there is no way to clear the application's cache other than to uninstall and reinstall the app.  There are several others who have suggested that Spotify include a way to do this in the future, but I'm not sure whether or not it is a planned feature.  In the mean time, the only way to do this is to remove and reinstall Spotify on your device unfortunately.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Spotify tech support confirmed that you have to uninstall the Spotify app to reclaim the storage it uses. Use Battery Doctor for what you like, but it does not clean any caches or fix this specific problem.

View solution in original post

90 Replies
Marked as solution

At the moment, there is no way to clear the application's cache other than to uninstall and reinstall the app.  There are several others who have suggested that Spotify include a way to do this in the future, but I'm not sure whether or not it is a planned feature.  In the mean time, the only way to do this is to remove and reinstall Spotify on your device unfortunately.

This is absurd. Cat Mad

I have been told by Spotify I need to create a new account because the old account is no longer valid. I have create the new account and transfer my playlists. I login on iPhone with Spotify on new account and it shows there are 0 songs sync. But iPhone shows Spotify app already is using 3.5GB. So some error seems to cause these files from the old account to remain.

What is the location of the files on iPhone filesystem? I would rather to delete them manually than have to uninstall the app and then be forced to use most current version, as the version I have is working jsut fine. 

I don't think that this is a genuine solution. More a workaround!
It's not a usable solution having to uninstall, reinstall & re-sync all the other playlists when you want to remove just one. Come on Spotify. Sort it out!

Agreed,
Figure it out, Spotify team

I'd also like to be able to delete some tracks from my iPhone. I've maxed it out with a horrible playlist... No more cheesy love songs! Help!!!!!

Spotify team, please! This is RUBBISH! Surely all that's needed is a simple bit of code to enable us to remove offline content? I thought the whole idea of spotify premium was so that we could sync/unsync music on the fly. Uninstalling and resinstalling the app is an absolute joke and it's not as simple as that.

Agreed!

I'm about to uninstall Spotify from my phone.

Seriously, is this still the case?! WTH

@sveinndavidsson wrote:

Seriously, is this still the case?! WTH

Unfortunately yes. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

terrible.  is this still true?  what if i empty out the playlist from the desktop app will my phone delete all the tracks? 

That will remove the tracks from the playlist on your phone, but it will probably hold onto the cached files. Unfortunately the only way to free up storage space on your iOS device on demand is to reinstall the application.

Peter

C'mon get this done! It can't be that hard to code a routine which checks the cached files if they are still demanded and delete them if this is not the case. Guys, you created a truly wonderful app / service, but make that right!

@DerPa - Spotify are currently collecting information about this, since in theory that is what should happen:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/How-to-unsync-a-playlist-Spotify-is-...

Peter

Peter wrote:
Spotify are currently collecting information about this, since in theory that is what should happen

No one from Spotify has posted since Meredith asked for user info regarding the bug. Generally that may not be so surprising as it has only been a couple of months. Howerver, it is not as it was news to the Staff. This thread:Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/How-do-I-delete-the-synced-offline-files-from-my-iPhone is from spring 2012.

My point is that I think it would be good if everyone experiencing this problem made some noise. 

Regards,

Martin

DEAR SPOTIFY, 

This is a NO-BRAINER!

Without this feature we will have to SYNC AND RESYNC (for hours) when we need to change quality, move tracks around and edit playlists... We're here now but youre not the only game in town ; )

John

Well said guys.

We need more people to DEMAND what should be a simple built in feature in spotify. I can't believe so few are complaining.

If this feature won't be added soon, I will get rid of spotify. This BASIC feature cant be so complicated!

Greetings from Germany

Agree!

This request is not optional, it is a basic requirement!

If I can turn off the playlist, then must deleted this playlist too. Evident!

Suggested posts