Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do i know how many songs I have downloaded for offline use

How do i know how many songs I have downloaded for offline use

How do I know how many songs I have downloaded for each device, for offline use? Thanks
30 Replies

That is a good question... I'd also like to know how many songs I have in my entire Spotify library.

Hey guys, I've just seen that this has gone unanswered so I'll just provide an update for you:

There currently isn't any way to do this, right now.

The workarounds I would suggest are:

1. Manually add up all the tracks in playlists you've synced offline (subtracting any tracks in multiple playlists)

2. Keep adding tracks until you're no longer able to.

I appreciate that's not ideal, but I hope it helps.

You may also like to vote up our related idea for this here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/View-amount-of-offline-tracks-left/idi-p/18409

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I know this is a different OS.  But the question is exactly the same as on iPhone (iOS) and Android mobile operating system.

On my Spotify Android I have 12 GB on my micro SD (Internal).

That is a huge amount.

Now... I want to add more albums and for some reason (unknown to me) the application notifies this is the limit of songs and I have to delete my old songs already downloaded.

Two issues happen.

How much space am I actually ocuppying on my Spotify app?

How many songs (total) have I downloaded?

And the bigger issue.  What are these songs and albums, I've downloaded.

Please don't tell me to check the green mark on each (and that way) I will know what I've downloaded.

It's frustrating and time consuming having to navigate through each album and check what I've downloaded.

This happens on the PC client also.  Its a real bummer.

They should include an option to see all my downloaded songs.  (If there is.. I'm not clear how to see ONLY my downloaded songs)

Could you let me know what Offline play actually does?  

(I have premium Spotify and I would assume these features are there)

.. Thanks.

The moderator says count them all ffs
We are in yr 2014 get it sorted

We'll if you download the spotify on the laptop....then you click on a song then press CTRL and drag it and youl see how much you got

How does this work for how many songs I have on iPhone

Would be really easy to do it in an update in settings. But my guess is they don't want to do it since then all users would see they have a 3.333song limit on each device (not 100% on the limit but think thats it), while the competition allows unlimited syncing of tracks.

It would just give them a big headace since alot off ppl don't know about the limit and will never reach it, but when it's showing in the app for ppl they will notice and ask about it to spotify.

One way you can work around the problem. I use microsoft word and paste all the songs in at once, I then use word count to see how many lines their are 🙂

Should be easy to fix. As Spotify tells when the limit is reached there should be a count. So simply make it visible. Currently it is both annoying to have the limit and to not know where one is towards reaching it!

I copied my spotify into excell and it put it in a grid. That way you can just scroll to the bottom and look at what cell it is instead of counting

Seriously why should we have manually add up the number of songs this is horrible technology!!!!!!

Hwy, there! I know you posted this question a while ago, but I just discovered a solution myself. If you're simply looking the the number of songs that you've downloaded, click on the first song in your download list, scroll to the last song in the list, press SHIFT and click the last song. This should highlight all of your songs and then you can copy and paste the selected songs in an Excel spreadsheet and get the count that way. 

I hope this helps (: 

I didn't think of that, thanks I'll give it a go.

If you are on laptop....ctrl+A and simply drag the playlist...you will see a floating thing

To find out how many songs you have in your library, just click on one song, then click "ctrl+a" to select all your songs. After this, just right click and select "add to" and add all your songs to a blank playlist. At the top of each playlist page, spotify tells you how many songs are in that playlist and also its length.

all you need to do is select all the songs in your library and drag it a little ways away and you should be able to see how many songs you have 🙂 

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 10.10.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 10.10.32 AM.png

Erm, I'm not sure why it's helpful to count the number of songs on the desktop version, when it's only songs downloaded onto mobile devices for offline playback that's limited?

This. This is how you find out. ctrl+A will select Everything. then click and drag the selection. A box will appear saying how many tracks are selects

Come on you don't have control+A, on your iPhone :). Sometimes I'm not sure people read the complete post before they reply. So I guess there's no way to get this number from our iPhone App?

Suggested posts