Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you delete tracks from a playlist

Solved!

How do you delete tracks from a playlist

Hello

I was just wondering, how do you delete a song from a playlist in spotify premium on a mobile phone without deleting the whole playlist. Can anyone help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Just open the playlist, open up the options (three dots at the top) and you'll be able to edit your playlist. Remove songs by pressing the red symbol next to them.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Just open the playlist, open up the options (three dots at the top) and you'll be able to edit your playlist. Remove songs by pressing the red symbol next to them.

Peter

Peter

I have the same problem as Daza, but I'm confused. What three dots at the top? I don't see them.

@beatlesfan412 wrote:

I have the same problem as Daza, but I'm confused. What three dots at the top? I don't see them.

What device are you using @beatlesfan412 ?

Peter

But what if your listening on shuffle play to a song that you don't like anymore, do I have to go to the playlist and search through all my music to find the one song I want to delete?

Rob

Hey Rob @robertas96 Welcome to the Spotify Community.

You can go the playlist on your iPhone and pull/scroll up from the top of the playlist to reveal the hidden filter bar above and remove the tracks off the playlist.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I have the same problem. Pulling down the menu with the 3 dots on the right doesnt give me an edit option. I only have , Remove Download, Go to playlist radio, Share, Stop following.

1. I was going to agee with the claim by 'Neilpt' who says there is no option to edit the playlist or remove a song. The I dragged the menu down and found the 'Remove' option at the top. This is what we see (see attchd).image.png

Back to the drawing board, as they say... This time I have not found an option to edit my playlist or 'Remove' the song I no longer want. (See new screenshot)

I'd love to know what I'm doing differently and get this slightly different list of options.. Very frustrating..

image.png

It's problematic if you have a lot of songs in the playlist.

Is there a function to delete current song played?

Edit doesnt come up on my android phone.  There is no Edit on my list. List is:

Download

Rename

Go to playlist Radio

Make Collaborative

Make Secret

I don't have that option. There is no 'edit' command.  It's Android - does that make a difference?   

After searching for half an hour, I found that you need to click into your playlist, then in the top right, click the three dots, then you will find edit. After clicking that, you can do the rest from there.

357C6E19-AB06-4E73-BCD0-40BB5BF28A86.png

Suggested posts