Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change Facebook accounts

How to change Facebook accounts

When I installed Spotify on my iPhone yesterday I linked it to the wrong Facebook account. I can't find a way to change Spotify to now use a different Facebook account (on my iPhone). Any suggestions?
29 Replies

Hey VicJr, welcome to the Community.

It looks like your account was created via Facebook. This means you can't swap the associated profile - you'd have to sign up for a new account.

Let us know if you need any help getting this arranged.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

How do I get all my configuration to the new account (spotify apps, favorite friends, ...)? I certainly don't want to set this up again

Thanks, I could use some help. I just can't find a way for my iPhone to forget the original Facebook account...

Ricard, How can you use Spotify outside of facebook? I tried and tried and tried and it turns out facebook is mandatory. I ended up creating a fake facebook account (fake name, address, everthing fake) just to use your Spotify service. It would be nice to know how I could create a new Spotify account without anything to do with Facebook.

Vic, try to go to facebook.com in safari browser and find the log out option. If you have facebook app, try to remove it (and never reinstall it!)

VicJr, if you'd like the original account simply deleted you can drop us an email via our contact form. We'll get back to you asap.

Something34523, all new Spotify accounts require an active Facebook account at this time. That's simply the requirement that currently stands, I can't help you get around this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Well I just delete the fake Facebook account associated with my Spotify. I will attempt only to use "Spofity Device Password" from now on. I have verified "Spotify Device Password" works fine to login at spotify.com with my PC and also to the Spotify Windows application. Now I get "Failed to enable Spotify Social" but guess what I never ask to enable it, so this is good!

Something34523 - I really would not recommend doing this, as it will create a number of problems with your account. Deleting the Facebook account will cause problems with the social connection in Spotify and you'll receive errors in the client. We won't be able to help you fix this.

I've also deleted one of your posts with instructions on how to do this. We'd rather not be overwhelmed by reports of users suddenly complaining their Spotify social isn't working after following these steps. I hope you can appreciate this.

Yes, now that I have gone to Facebook and deleted the account you could on your end mark my account as not being linked with Facebook. Yet, for some undisclosed reason, Spotify refuses to perform this action. I suppose the "Failed to enable spotify social" error will persist.

I have a personal page on Facebook and a professional page. How do I stop the iphone from linking to the personal page? I want these song selections linked to my professional which is the premium package so I can demonstrate different music to my students.

hi i have 2 spotify accounts and 2 facebooks and know i want to swap theese accounts and with that i meen that i want my other facebook to connect to the other spotify and the other way around but i cant make i work. please say that im able to do that.

You can't do it on the iPhone, you'll have to go on a desktop app (Windows, Mac or Linux) to do so.

ON THE DESKTOP APP:

Log in with your Spotify username and password (NOT Facebook) and then go to Preferences and click "Disconnect from Facebook". Then do the same for the other account. Now, make sure your browser is logged out of Facebook and click "Connect to Facebook" to connect the accounts to the correct FB accounts.

omg. thanks you made my hole darn year:D

hi its me again, i cant find the "disconnect from facebook button"

Hi there - So there seems to be a bit of confusion here. Yes, you've got two accounts, but one was created via Facebook while the other has the username 'cribba1996'. 

The one created via Facebook cannot be altered as the two accounts are linked. 

However, what you can do is link 'cribba1996' to any Facebook you'd like. Just go to your Preferences Page after signing in with that username. 

I'm having a hard time believing that a person cannot change their facebook account associated with Spotify.  Why in the world would Spotify hardwire this and not offer empower their users to change this as needed?  I have two Facebook accounts I share with, but Spotify will not allow me to share with whichever Facebook account I own unless I purchase an additional Spotify  account?

Actually, its not that hard to believe. 

The ability to create a Spotify account using Facebook is a convenient way for many people to access Spotify, sometimes it can cause issues but for the majority of people it "just works". 

Also, seeing as the Facebook Terms & Conditions state that (4.2):

You will not create more than one personal account.

It was probably a safe assumption for Spotify when they where designing the system, people would only have 1 Facebook account.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

... you guys should really fix that...

and have an alternate log in:P iv tried to delete my facebook from my life a couple times but for its existenxe is tied to this... catch 22. alternate logins would be SOOOOOO appreciated. why not tumblr? your already imntegrated as is....

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE. I have a facebook account now with the spotify account. However, due to issues, I had to create a new facebook account and I dont want anyone seeing the old one. However, I now have to choose between having two facebooks or not having spotify. I looked it up and it said that it's possible to change the facebook account the profile is hooked up to or to disconnect it from a facebook in general. However that option isnt available when i try it. Is it possible to make a new spotify and transfer the songs or somehow hook it up with the  other facebook? I have a macbook if that makes any difference.Thank you

Suggested posts