Music Lover
VicJr

How to change Facebook accounts

When I installed Spotify on my iPhone yesterday I linked it to the wrong Facebook account. I can't find a way to change Spotify to now use a different Facebook account (on my iPhone). Any suggestions?
Richard

Re: How to change Facebook accounts

Hey VicJr, welcome to the Community.

It looks like your account was created via Facebook. This means you can't swap the associated profile - you'd have to sign up for a new account.

Let us know if you need any help getting this arranged.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Concert Regular
morgler

How do I get all my configuration to the new account (spotify apps, favorite friends, ...)? I certainly don't want to set this up again

Music Lover
VicJr

Thanks, I could use some help. I just can't find a way for my iPhone to forget the original Facebook account...
Garage Band
Something34523

Ricard, How can you use Spotify outside of facebook? I tried and tried and tried and it turns out facebook is mandatory. I ended up creating a fake facebook account (fake name, address, everthing fake) just to use your Spotify service. It would be nice to know how I could create a new Spotify account without anything to do with Facebook.

Garage Band
Something34523

Vic, try to go to facebook.com in safari browser and find the log out option. If you have facebook app, try to remove it (and never reinstall it!)

Richard

VicJr, if you'd like the original account simply deleted you can drop us an email via our contact form. We'll get back to you asap.

Something34523, all new Spotify accounts require an active Facebook account at this time. That's simply the requirement that currently stands, I can't help you get around this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Garage Band
Something34523

Well I just delete the fake Facebook account associated with my Spotify. I will attempt only to use "Spofity Device Password" from now on. I have verified "Spotify Device Password" works fine to login at spotify.com with my PC and also to the Spotify Windows application. Now I get "Failed to enable Spotify Social" but guess what I never ask to enable it, so this is good!

Richard

Something34523 - I really would not recommend doing this, as it will create a number of problems with your account. Deleting the Facebook account will cause problems with the social connection in Spotify and you'll receive errors in the client. We won't be able to help you fix this.

I've also deleted one of your posts with instructions on how to do this. We'd rather not be overwhelmed by reports of users suddenly complaining their Spotify social isn't working after following these steps. I hope you can appreciate this.

Garage Band
Something34523

Yes, now that I have gone to Facebook and deleted the account you could on your end mark my account as not being linked with Facebook. Yet, for some undisclosed reason, Spotify refuses to perform this action. I suppose the "Failed to enable spotify social" error will persist.
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.