Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change language

Solved!

How to change language

Hey all spotify users
I have a problem concerning languages on my newly bought Iphone 5. When i first started using spotify i lived in france, therefore my computerversion of spotify was in French to begin with, even when i returned to Denmark (my native country). Then when i installed it on my android phone it was first in french and later in English. So now i bought this Iphone and i really want to use spotify (as always) but when i installed the app it meets me with only dutch language. Now i understand French, English, Danish and even german fairly good but my dutch is very bad (i understand a little as a consequence of knowing the other languages). So are there any way to change the language into a comprehendable language or is Dutch just the closest you can get to the above mentioned languages? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should just need to update the Language and Region Format in:

iOS Settings > General > International

Then force close and open the Spotify app. Does that work? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

You should just need to update the Language and Region Format in:

iOS Settings > General > International

Then force close and open the Spotify app. Does that work? 

Peter

Peter

No, not really. Or actually, that does solve the  problem, but then i am forced to have the phonelanguage in english, which doesn't please me very much either .

Allright you can do like this, if you change the language (as mentioned above) on the whole phone, and then change it back to the desired (phone) language it actually works (for so far at least). Thanks for the information 🙂 

Awesome - thanks for letting us know!

Peter

Peter

Thank you - this helped me out. I had mine in Norwegian and then changed it into Thai - could not get it back as I could not understand the Thai version. Changed my phone to english and then back to Norwegian - spotify was now in a understandable language.
You should get paid by Spotify for helpdesking - thank you

Thanks, it helped me too. I activated a newly bought iPhone4, and the Apps from my iPad automatically installed themselves on the phone. Unfortunately, I had not yet set the phone language, at the time it was German. I got the German Spotify version, and it did not change when I set the phone language to Swedish. When I set the language to English, Spotify followed, and after resetting to Swedish, Spotify is still English, which is my preferred selection.
Thanks again!

/Stefan

o my god thanks man i was getting so angry but you helped me out so mutch thanks

sorry if i wrote anything wrong im actually from norway

but thanks again 😄

Why the **bleep** is this the only app that I download and it's in a freeking random languange? If I don't understand it how am I supposed to change it back? **bleep** are this app developers doing? Jesus Christ..... I had this **bleep**ing problem back in 2013, haven't you **bleep**ing fixed it yet? Lazy **bleep**ing cunts.

Suggested posts