Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Festival Fanatic
EKAH6
Accepted Solution

Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files anymore

[ Edited ]

Spotify has for some reason (unknow to me) decided to stop syncronizing my local files to my Iphone4. (iOS5) 

When looking in my "local files" in the spotify app I can see a total amount of 111 tracks that's been synced a coupple of months before ( While on my computer i have 2048 tracks in my local files. ) Last time it worked was in januari 22/2012. 

After some further investigation I notice that my iphone no longer appears in the devices catagory. So i updated my App and re-installed spotify on my computer. Nothing changed, I made sure they were both connected to the same WI-FI.

Again, nothing changed. Tried to connect it with the USB cable, Closing down itunes or anything else that might interact with the iphone, but still no luck in syncing my local files.  I noticed that alot of people are having this problem and yet i see no moderator responces or any actually solution being posted.

Got any clue to what can solve this problem? Otherwise I'm going to have to cancel my premium subscription. :mansad:

It's really depressing when something you've paid for doesn't work like they prommised it would.  

Ninja edit by PerBonomi: Please also check some more troubleshooting options further along this topic:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Iphone-not-showing-up-in-devices-Unable-...

Music Fan
mcspence

iPhone 4 won't show up in Devices

I've reinstalled both the iPhone App and the Desktop Application without success. Has any had issues with spotify 'discovering' their iPhone? And how was this issue resolved?

Any tips much appreciated.

Singer
jvanderb

Re: iPhone 4 won't show up in Devices

I'm  not sure what might be going wrong in your situation, but to help ensure that it shows up, there are a couple of things you may need to do.  First, make sure your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.  Your computer does not have to be wireless, so long as the Wi-Fi network your iPhone is connected to can see your computer.  Then, ensure you launch the Spotify app on your phone, and it should show up in your device list before too long.  Some people seem to be having trouble synching their iPhones while using the cable, but if the above does not seem to work, you might try connecting the phone, then opening the Spotify app on the phone.

Garage Band
immts007

Re: Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files anymore

Same here. My iphone doesn't show up in devices. I've restarted spotify, restarted the phone. Shows up in iTunes just fine.

Festival Fanatic
EKAH6

was there an update or what else caused this problem?

Garage Band
wolflikeme

Same here. Another common problem experienced by users. I've tried absolutely everything to get my iphone to appear in the device list.

Festival Fanatic
EKAH6

Has anyone tried on a different computer? 

Music Fan
yaya21

ipod not showing in devices

my ipod is not showing up in the devices box what can i do

Garage Band
kremlinbunker

Re: ipod not showing in devices

Have you turned on Spotify on the iPod? If it's not turned on it doesn't show up. Make sure the phone screen is on constant.

Concert Regular
rlwoliver

iPhone 4S not appearing under my devices

I have spotify on my home (MacPro running iOS5) and work (PC running Windows 7). My iPhone 4S is not recognized on either desktop client version.  I have installed and uninstalled both the phone app and the desktop version multiple times.

Any ideas?

None of my local files are syncing.  I have Spotify Premium.

THanks

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.