Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ipod Shuffle Sync

Ipod Shuffle Sync

I can't seem to find a definite answer. If you have a premium subscription, can you sync your offline playlists to an Ipod Shuffle. I have the 4th generation (i think, it's the one on their site now), i read somewhere that you need iOS 5 on it, do all 4th gens have it?
8 Replies

Hey 🙂 

The short answer is no, you can not store Spotify offline content on any device which does not have a supported Spotify application. The Spotify client can however be used to sync your local files to an iPod classic/nano/shuffle just like iTunes does. 

Have a read at this topic about iPod integration.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

What????? I read on Internet that Ipod shuffle can be synchronized with spotify premium and that is why I went and bought one today! So I wasted my money???

@l_teigen wrote:

What????? I read on Internet that Ipod shuffle can be synchronized with spotify premium and that is why I went and bought one today! So I wasted my money???

Unfortunately so, Spotify does support iPods - but only to sync content you already own to them just like iTunes. The only iPod you can fully use Spotify on is an iPod Touch since it supports the Spotify app for playback. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for answering me 🙂

Spoiler

I have just done the same as i read an article saying it is possible to sync ipod shuffle with spotify - so given i want to use the shuffle to listen to my playlists when i swim i bought a shuffle.

its a really poor show that this is not possible. must i go away from spotify and back to itunes to rebuild the playlists i want? at least then it would sync with both y iphone and my shuffle and my sonos.... no restrictions on itunes..... 

come on spotify. sort it out. there have been posts about this for years i see. some of which say you can which is even worse! 

regards 

Lisa 

I really don't understand. I've bought a spotify premium account and I can download music to listen offline. What is the problem about transferring it to the ipod shuffle? Mehh

Still no access to do this?

I just bought an iPod shuffle, with no way to get the music off of my account.  I haven't bought music for years due to Spotify.  So I basically have a brick.

Same here.  I bought my waterproof Shuffle so that I can listen to music while I swim.  I've had my premium Spotify subscription for a long time.  I haven't bought from iTunes in years.  All my playlists are on Spotify.  It really sucks if I can't listen to them.  Spotify, what's the solution?

Suggested posts