Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Solved!

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Happens quite often that all the tracks on my iphone are no longer synched. I get a message saying that my device is connected to more then 3 devices, which it is not!

Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I saw this in another thread : http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPod-Touch/Offline-playlists-get-removed/m-p/30373...

Perhaps there is a partial fix coming? It'd be nice to know an approximately timeline, 1 month, 3 months, etc...

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This has happened to me twice today and at least twice a week for the past month. Really annoying as it takes hours to try and re-sync everything. 

Marked as solution

They've just released a new version on the app on the iTunes store, and the release notes specifically state that this fixes the offline synching issues. I'm gonna try it out... although it's only happened to me twice since Jan 2012.

115 Replies

This sounds related to an issue we're aware of for the iPhone. Check out this thread from our older forums on it: https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/iphone_offline_playlists_de_synced_3_device_limit

There are some things to try there to help sort things out, such as disabling syncing with the iCloud. But no definite fix yet I'm afraid.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks for that but not synching with icloud!! Seems to be a common issue that has not been resolved in quite a while.

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on iPhone 4 (iOS 5). This happens to me almost everytime I open Spotify. And it has been going for past two months I think (maybe after iOS 5 update or after updating some of the latest versions of Spotify app). I am not using more than 3 devices. Just Mac and iPhone.

It's very annoying.

Also Spotify keeps logging me off. So when I'm on the road and want to listen my offline playlists, Spotify asks to login (requires internet!) and then says I can't have any offline playlists!

I also have this problem.

I really think Spotify need to treat this as a much more urgent issue than they are doing, since this is one of the key reasons for paying for a Premium subscription.

If I open Spotify just before I board a flight on which I was looking forward to listening to some Spotify tunes, and it tells me that I have synced too many devices and that all my offline-synced tracks have been deleted, Spotify Premium then becomes completely useless to me for the duration of that flight. As you might expect, this also leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth.

On a more constructive note, is it possible that Spotify is treating logins from different network interfaces/networks as different devices?

I had opened a thread in getsatifsaction, but well, I repeat:

I get unsynced on iOS all the time. I get no messages about having to many devices synched or anything, and in fact I only use my account on 3 devices, on only two of them I use offline playlists.

This is extremely annoying and has been an issue for very long for me, this stuff has in fact never worked.

This will be a dealbreaker for me if it happens.  I just recently switched from Rdio and I'm already having second thoughts.

-Ryan

This has been happening to me for several months. As far as I can tell from the old get satisfation posts Spotify has been aware of this issue for months.

This is bull**bleep**. How much revenue do you get from premium subscribers using iOS, and you can't manage to fix this problem. I don't care if I'm part of a minority experiencing this problem, this is a serious bug that is tempting me to close my account (2 of them in the household).

If this is an issue because Spotify thinks there is a 4th device syncing the track, then temporarily disable that limitation for users that are reporting they are having the issue. Is it against your licensing contracts? That would be ironic, if it ended up causing people to leave Spotify and go back to downloading music.

This is going to be a deal breaker for me. It is extremely frustrating to go to work, launch Spotify and find that I've lost all my music. As others have noted, this issue has been around for a long, long time. It needs to be addressed sooner than later. When one of your major features fails on a regular basis, it's time to bump up the priority on your bug list.

Same problem here. Keep losing my offline tracks having to resync when i'm on wifi. Seems to happen when I update iOS, sync iphone or update spotify. If this keeps up i'm killing my premium account. Why keep paying for something that doesn't work. Please post if u have the same problem hopefully someone who can do something will take notice.

I actually JUST wrote this message to Spotify help desk. I lose my synced tracks EVERY single time I re-open it, it's the most frustrating thing ever. Like everyone has been saying, I get the "your device is synced to 3 or more devices please quit Spotify and re-open". If this doesn't get fixed within the week I am cancelling my premium subscription, the mobile portion is really the only reason I got it.

Hopefully we all get an answer soon.

This happened to me a couple of months ago, and then it seemed to be fixed, along with the synching speed problems others were experiencing then this morning...BOOM, I experience it again. But only on my iPhone 4 ... I have an old iPhone 3GS where it didn't happen... so far.

I'm resynching now and I'm pleased to say it's still doing it quickly at least. but how annoying to be back in the same situation again. I have 5 playlists amounting to 1671 songs... I had two mobile devices logged into Spotify at the same time. But not 4!

As everyone has said this is a 2 year old problem. The synching was explained away as router issues but I never changed anything on my router and it improved by itself. The "more than 3 devices..:" has never been satisfactorily explained by Spotify. Just suggestions to reinstall the app, turn off iCloud back up. None of which have worked. 

I did however clear my cache a day or so ago. I'm just desperately trying to provide as much info and use cases as possible to SPotify to help them understand the problem better. Just like everyone else here is. But no satisfactory response other than "we're working on it" and "red herring" solutions.

I received a reply from Spotify to a week old support ticket. They did not address the issue in the least, truly insulting.

Here was my original email to Spotify last week:

I have certain playlists synced to my iPhone. Seemingly randomly, the playlists that are set to available offline and synced, will unsync. This is a HUGE problem because I cannot afford to use up all of my mobile data usage resyncing my playlist all the time. Furthermore, songs that are not available on Spotify, and are synced from my computer are unavailable to resync even if I find a wifi connection to sync over. I have to wait until I get home to resync them.

This has been happening to me for months, and as I said it seems to be random. It is not only happening when I update the spotify application. There are no additional updates for the application available.

I was unable to find a solution to this problem, all I could find were posts (many of them very old) that described the problem that other people were having.

Does Spotify give a **bleep** that their app is broken? If you can't fix it, then I'll close my account. How many users do you have using the iPhone with premium subscriptions, what is your total revenue from these users? If I don't hear back an explanation for this problem or an impending resolution (not just a generic, "we're working on it," then I'm going to close my account and suggest the same to all my friends that I turned onto Spotify). 

And here is their response (this makes me so pissed off, and first thing in the morning):

Hi there John, sorry it has taken so long for us to get back to you, thank you so much for you patience, it really is appreciated. 

If you've noticed a few tracks randomly re-syncing in your offline playlists, there's no need to worry. We're currently working on some exciting improvements to make Spotify even better. So please bear with us. 

Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if there is anything else we can do for you.
All the best. 

Ryan 

This same thing has happened to me twice. If it's not fixed soon, I'll be leaving spotify for another service. Asking people to pay spotify $10 a month for this kind of inconvenience is not a great business plan and from what I've read about the problem, there doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency on Spotify's part to fix it. Please tell me why I shouldn't go from being an evangelist for spotify to being just another disgruntled ex-customer?

I've been having this problem for weeks now. Almost every time I go into spotify it has forgotten my offline playlists and I have to resync the lot. I first got spotify because of the great choice of music, ability to create large playlists and listen to them offline, etc and I'm finding myself just downloading a couple of things I really want to listen to offline because I can't afford the bandwidth or time to have to resync everything all the time. This has never been an issue before, I've been a spotify premium holder for well over 2 years and all of a sudden offline syncing stops working? Evidently there is an update that's come out that's mucked about with the syncing memory process or something, so I would imagine pinpointing the issue and fixing it with another update can't be that much of a problem. If it's not done soon I'm pretty sure spotify will see a great deal of revenue fall away because I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat right now.

I believe the preassure rises, I just cross fingers that they _really_ have a big improvement in the pipeline. This has been broken for ages, and I guess they would have attempted to fix it if they wouldn't plan on a bigger change anyway.

I'm having this issue too. I'm so fed up now. This is, like another user said, one of the main reasons for getting the premium subscription. I like to listen to music on the tube and without offline it's pretty much useless to me.

Such a shame for otherwise such a good selection of music. If they don't sort this out I'm going to stop paying for this service.

Are you listening Spotify?! Some feedback please!

Has happened to me 4 times in the last 2 days, spread across 2 devices.   I've never had more than 3 devices with offline access, and I don't have iCloud sync enabled for Spotify.

If it happens once more, I'm cancelling my subscription.

--
http://www.outsideroyalty.com

Really disappointing. I'm sadly downgrading my service to £5/month. Really hope this gets sorted out soon.

I am having the same issues. Seems like this is a problem across the board for most Apple users. I, as well as many others, will probably be canceling my subscription if it doesn't get fixed.

Suggested posts