Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
sheaker1
Accepted Solution

Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any help?

Happens quite often that all the tracks on my iphone are no longer synched. I get a message saying that my device is connected to more then 3 devices, which it is not!

Any help?

Richard

Re: Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any h

This sounds related to an issue we're aware of for the iPhone. Check out this thread from our older forums on it: https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/iphone_offline_playlists_de_synced_3_device_limit

There are some things to try there to help sort things out, such as disabling syncing with the iCloud. But no definite fix yet I'm afraid.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Music Lover
sheaker1

Re: Keep losing all my sync tracks for offline on my iphone!! They are there just not synched! Any h

Thanks for that but not synching with icloud!! Seems to be a common issue that has not been resolved in quite a while.

Music Fan
helmut

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on iPhone 4 (iOS 5). This happens to me almost everytime I open Spotify. And it has been going for past two months I think (maybe after iOS 5 update or after updating some of the latest versions of Spotify app). I am not using more than 3 devices. Just Mac and iPhone.

It's very annoying.

Also Spotify keeps logging me off. So when I'm on the road and want to listen my offline playlists, Spotify asks to login (requires internet!) and then says I can't have any offline playlists!

Festival Fanatic
kennethmac2000

I also have this problem.

I really think Spotify need to treat this as a much more urgent issue than they are doing, since this is one of the key reasons for paying for a Premium subscription.

If I open Spotify just before I board a flight on which I was looking forward to listening to some Spotify tunes, and it tells me that I have synced too many devices and that all my offline-synced tracks have been deleted, Spotify Premium then becomes completely useless to me for the duration of that flight. As you might expect, this also leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth.

On a more constructive note, is it possible that Spotify is treating logins from different network interfaces/networks as different devices?

Spotify
danfooo

I had opened a thread in getsatifsaction, but well, I repeat:

I get unsynced on iOS all the time. I get no messages about having to many devices synched or anything, and in fact I only use my account on 3 devices, on only two of them I use offline playlists.

This is extremely annoying and has been an issue for very long for me, this stuff has in fact never worked.

Garage Band
rrkelley

This will be a dealbreaker for me if it happens.  I just recently switched from Rdio and I'm already having second thoughts.

-Ryan
Festival VIP
taverner

This has been happening to me for several months. As far as I can tell from the old get satisfation posts Spotify has been aware of this issue for months.

This is bull**bleep**. How much revenue do you get from premium subscribers using iOS, and you can't manage to fix this problem. I don't care if I'm part of a minority experiencing this problem, this is a serious bug that is tempting me to close my account (2 of them in the household).

If this is an issue because Spotify thinks there is a 4th device syncing the track, then temporarily disable that limitation for users that are reporting they are having the issue. Is it against your licensing contracts? That would be ironic, if it ended up causing people to leave Spotify and go back to downloading music.

Concert Regular
bickle

This is going to be a deal breaker for me. It is extremely frustrating to go to work, launch Spotify and find that I've lost all my music. As others have noted, this issue has been around for a long, long time. It needs to be addressed sooner than later. When one of your major features fails on a regular basis, it's time to bump up the priority on your bug list.
Music Lover
Victor32277

Same problem here. Keep losing my offline tracks having to resync when i'm on wifi. Seems to happen when I update iOS, sync iphone or update spotify. If this keeps up i'm killing my premium account. Why keep paying for something that doesn't work. Please post if u have the same problem hopefully someone who can do something will take notice.
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.