Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kicked out of iPod Touch

Kicked out of iPod Touch

Everytime I play one of my playlists now through my iPod Touch, after a few tunes it kicks me out and back to my home screen on the iPod.  I've rebooted the iPod many times but it doesn't fix the problem.  I don't have this problem with other app's.  Any suggestions?

31 Replies

Does the same for me on my 2nd gen ipod touch running 4.0 IOS.  My guess is its not able to handle the updated spotify app.  This sucks.

The best suggestion here would be to perform a clean installation of the Spotify application -

1. Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol
2. Restart your iPod/iPhone
3. Install Spotify again from the AppStore
Airhorn Enthusiast

I did the clean installation, it stopped on the second tune played.  Not good.

Hmm, that's not good. What iOS version are you running on your iPod Touch? You can find this under Settings > General > About and it's the number next to "Version".

Airhorn Enthusiast

Good morning!  Version 4.2.1 (8C148)

Hmm, We certainly do support that. Not too sure why it'll be acting like that, but there's something else we could try.

* Tap the "Now Playing" screen, and an info menu would pop up. You should two settings at the bottom - Repeat and Shuffle. Try popping shuffle on and seeing if it crashes on the second song now.

* Also, what quality are you playing at in Spotify? Are you streaming these tracks, or have you synced them for offline play?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I tried the shuffle button, same thing.  But you got me thinking.  I have always streamed the playlists, but this morning I synced a few playlists for offline listening.  I started a playlist over 3 hours ago and it has not stopped!  So it appears that the streaming is the issue.  I wish I could stream, but at least I can listen again without being kicked out!!!  Thank you so much for your continued help with this issue.

There have been reports about crashing iPod apps on getsatisfaction, but nothing happened.

Well then again..

I have the same problem with my iPod 2. gen for several months now. I always use low quality (streaming and storing). The app crashes when playing offline playlists as well as when playing streams. This usually happens after interaction with the app (track change, search etc...). If it crashes it usually does so after 1 or 2 seconds. Once it survived a few seconds it is quite often safe, but then I don't dare to to touch it again. This can happen a couple of times in a row. Restarting the Spottily app ~5 times before I can finally  listen to music is not uncommon.

Also I think this happens more often with a wifi connection. When I'm outside this happens less often than at home. (Maybe the app tries to reconnect with the server after each wifi glitch and crashes doing so...)

This is REALLY annoying. The offlince playlists for the iPod app are making 90% of my decision to pay Spotify Premium. But I can barely use them without getting upset. Canceling my account come more than once to mind, and instead of toying around with useless Spotify apps and forcing me to login to my facebook account (since it kept crashing while loading the fb-login, on every start) you could make the IOS app work correctly. 

BTW: I did a fresh reinstall of Spotify several times already (mostly due to Spotifies inabiltiy to clean the cache...)

electr0mbre, I so feel your pain.  I'm still up in the air as to if it is worth paying for premium and being so frustrated with the iPod app.  So far though, my offline playlists are working okay.  So far!  But I really wish I could listen to all of my playlists via wifi, because it's sort of a pain having to sync before I listen.  I guess time will tell how long I stay on board with premium. 

This is still rather baffling - Streaming tracks should work just fine on the latest version of Spotify on iOS 4.x and above. Are there any firewalls on your Wi-Fi router that might be blocking streaming at all?
Airhorn Enthusiast

No firewalls blocking.  It is indeed a baffling mystery!  I'll keep trying, just to see if it ever finally works.  Sure wish it would, my iPod is running out of space because of my synced playlists!!

Have you tried it on another Wi-Fi connection at all? If you could test it at a friend's house, for example, that might be worth experimenting with...
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have it at work with me as I type.  Let me give it a try!

It played one song, stopped and went back out of the app. I was really hoping that a firewall situation was responsible!

No, it's not my router/firewall. This happens at every AP I use (friends, university, work, public APs, home...).

And it's not just the streaming, playing offline playlist and streaming both leads to regular crashes. Sometimes I am able to listen to streamed tracks. Though that is rather seldom...

That's it. Changed my payment method and now Spotify won't take my money. Maybe the competition wants my money.

Godbye!

I have also been experiencing this issue with the latest version of Spotify on my iPod Touch 2G.

Both offline and streaming cause the app to exit after a relatively short period of time (5 to 10min).

The other new issue with this version that makes the crash even more frustrating is the inability to set the app to offline mode at all; regardless of any settings I try, Spotify attempts to log in when starting the app.

Previous version of the app had neither of these issues and worked flawlessly as far as I could tell, is there a way to downgrade? Do I need to bite the bullet and upgrade to the latest hardware to solve these two issues?

I am having the very same problem and have been for quite a while. All works fine on my iPhone but my iPod keeps kicking me out after a few songs.

I've checked i've got the latest update on my iPod and also tried the uninstall of Spotify.

Hopefully an update will be released soon.

I have ipod touch second generation. The version is 4.2.1 and after 3 minutes either online or offline the application is terminated.

The version of the application is the latest available on appstore.

We are many users with this problem.

We need a solution!!

Suggested posts