Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

Solved!

Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

I've made most of my playlists available offline but some songs in the playlist won't play on my phone when I'm offline.

Are all songs in spotify available offline?

Thanks

LB

66 Replies

@Rowan111111 - Just going to remove your email address and other personal details from your post, best not to post those in plain text on the public forum. 

Are you trying to sync offline playlists or just play them online? Are you getting any error messages?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you, I'm new on posting on here!  So I have an iphone5, newest update on software for both phone and spotify app.  The other day, my tracks stopped syncing- not all of them- just the newer ones I have added.  So it is a little odd that some work and some do not work.  I reinstalled the app- now some of the tracks are syncing- some are still not.  Let me know if you have any advice on what to do!  Thankss o much!

i can't get my local files to sync to offline. i can play them on my computer but on my phone they are grey. this may have something to do with the fact that i can't get my phone to sync to my laptop. like my phone won't show up in the devices column. there are 2 different phones using the same account. ive tryed having the second phone log out while i try to sort out the devices thing but it didn't work. what do i do?

@dolphin66 - If you can't see your device in the Desktop client, something is preventing the connection. Have you disabled all firewalls?

Peter

only in browse mode

Hi, Im having the same problem with syncing song that are local files so they are available offline..? Can you help me ?? 

Hi, why do I get all the music with wireless sync on my iPhone but I can't get all the playlists when sync my iPod through a wire?

I mean, I selected all playlists and the offline mode but not all the playlists are in my iPod.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!

@juancoll - What type of iPod is it? If it's an iPod touch, you need to sync in the same way as your iPhone. If it is any other type of iPod, be aware you can only sync local files you own to those devices, not at any content from the Spotify catalogue.

@kellylouise91 - Do you have at least 1GB of free storage space on your device?

Peter

It's a nano 3rd gen. I can sync local files but only few Spotify lists sync, and only 1 song in each of those lists.

That is correct, you can only sync local files to an iPod nano with Spotify I'm afraid (just like iTunes).

Peter

SOLVED!

I was having a similar Problem. 

Whilst on my Windows Computer, i was adding albums to my spotify account. Saving the albums, not just following them. 

However when i loggd into my iphone the albums werent there. 

i tried logging in and out again, on both m computer and iphone. Tried re-syncing my phone, nothig worked. 

Then i deleted the app, logged out of the windows version and re-installed the app, logged in on the iphone and then again on the computer. BOOM! Worked a treat. 

The only annoyng thing is i have to go through all my Playlists, songs and albums on the iphone to make them offline again but at least i have all my music on my iphone now! 

Enjoy! 

Urgh, that's very annoying... And pretty much the only reason I signed up for Premium- to be able to put songs on my iPod. I won't have an iphone with any sort of storage space for at lease another month or so (I've got a 3... waiting till the 6 is reased and then I'm going to get a 5s, which will have enough storage space for me to put some of this music on) but I have an old nano I really want to be my primary music device...

I've been considering getting a classic; does anyone know if they work with Spotify?

And is spotify planning to change this any time soon, since as far as I can see it's a major flaw in the system and it does not really make me want to continue giving them my money when this was one of the main reasons I signed up in the first place...

Sounds like there are a few separate issues going on here but I found a solution to one of them.

After I updated my spotify I realised some of my songs were not available offline (ie didn;t have the green arrow signifying that they had been downloaded onto my phone).

I realised that this is because they were in my 'local files' section. Spotify realised I already had these songs (albeit on my computer and not my phone) and as such would not make them available offline so I was unable to listen to them on the go.

All I had to do was remove them from the 'local files' section and Spotify automatically started to make them available!

Hope this helps some folks

Thankyou!! I didn't need to do the select sinking but everything else worked :)))

@mkeegan140 wrote:

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!  OK HERE GOES...

If you are wireless in your home no need to even plug in USB.

1.  Open spotify on your desk top

2.  Open settings on your iphone

3.  Under "general" click "never" so your phone doesn't go to sleep.  This shuts off "devices".

4. Open spotify on your iphone

5. Now your phone should be recognized in devices. Wait a second.

6. Click on the big black bar in the center of your monitor that says your name and iphone

7.  It will probably say at the top that you are out of space.

9. Click "manually sync".  NOT "sync ALL" tracks

8.  Start "manually unclicking your playlists and only leave the ones that are essential to you.  Not every single one.

9.  IMPORTANT:  UNclick local files and starred files.  

Now only the playlists you want should be clicked and synced.

Go back to Settings under General and turn off "NEVER" so your phone doesn't go dead too fast.

Hopefully this helps!  Good Luck!!  All of my playlists are back!  Alleluia!  I was going crazy!  

Spotify, you need to hire me if this works for others like it worked for me.

None of the arrows are green, but before i did this they pretty much all were

I had this problem as well, some tracks in a Playlist were not playable on my Ipod after syncingthe Playlist, thetracks were greyed out and when I tried to play them i got an error message stating "Song Not Synced".

The solution that worke for me was to connect the Ipod Touch that I trying to sync the Playlist to play Offline on, to another wireless network ( I have three Wireless networks set up on the same Wireless Router). I have no idea why this worked, but it did!!

I had the issue with the offline available songs not 'saving' (grey arrow instead of a green arrow). I solved this issue on my iPhone by freeing up some space on it. I had 200MB space free when it wasn't working, then deleted about 1GB of photos and the songs started to sync straight away. Hope this helps.

this was much easier than deleting the app/reinstalling. make sure to check your storage and free up at least 1GB of space if you are on your iphone or android

Re-install  spotify;)

Suggested posts