Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

Solved!

Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

I've made most of my playlists available offline but some songs in the playlist won't play on my phone when I'm offline.

Are all songs in spotify available offline?

Thanks

LB

66 Replies

sorry this is extremely late, but do you mean firewalls on my computer? how do i do that and is it dangerous???

This solution worked for me: 

You don't have to re-install the application, just log out and log back in again. This way, the cache is still stored on your device, therefore your offline songs will still be downloaded, and your new ones will appear and will be ready to sync! 

I only speak from experience using an iPhone.

She's right. I just tried it with my iphone and it did exactly that. YOU'LL NEVER FULLY STOP US SPOTIFY!!! ...Thanks for the music though...

Spoiler

Marked as solution

Music Fan
johnchalmers1

Re: Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

Sounds like there are a few separate issues going on here but I found a solution to one of them.

After I updated my spotify I realised some of my songs were not available offline (ie didn;t have the green arrow signifying that they had been downloaded onto my phone).

I realised that this is because they were in my 'local files' section. Spotify realised I already had these songs (albeit on my computer and not my phone) and as such would not make them available offline so I was unable to listen to them on the go.

All I had to do was remove them from the 'local files' section and Spotify automatically started to make them available!

Hope this helps some folks

_____

BOOM goes the dynamite! Jeez, FINALLY, this was what fixed it for me... thanks johnchalmer1. I did have to turn off the local files setting in the desktop app, logout on the desktop, log back in then click off line on the play lists. Then on my iPhone, had to log back in turn off the offline setting on playlists then back on. Also had to makes sure the local files section in the playlists was cleared out as well.

Aaaaahhh, okay, life is good now.

If I have a playlist of local files (uploaded from notebook) synced on my mobile device (downloaded from my notebook?) and set as "Availabe Offline" on my mobile device, what happens if I accidentally tick "Available Offline" on the mobile device? Do those files get instantly erased from my mobile and I have to downloaded them all over again?

If that's the case, please, change this. Why the app doesn't prompt the user confirming  that his files are going to get deleted from the device?

Thanks

Spotify is re-downloading my songs every time i log on, and when they are downloaded they won't play when my internet is off on my phone.  I have tried uninstalling the app and re installing but it still happens.  Very frustrating.

Thank you for this! So many unanswered questions finally put at rest. I was wondering why only the songs unable to play were my favorite ones! 

Suggested posts