Help - iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iPod classic)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
LucyB
Accepted Solution

Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

I've made most of my playlists available offline but some songs in the playlist won't play on my phone when I'm offline.

Are all songs in spotify available offline?

Thanks

LB

Spotify
David

Re: Offline playlist - some songs won't sync

[ Edited ]

Hello,

They should be, yes. Are the tracks you are syncing local files at all? They will have a little square with a music note next to it in Spotify. 

-----
Spotify
Music Fan
mcgui123

Hi, 

I am having the same problem. The only tracks that will synce are local files - aren't all tracks suppose to be available offline, even if they are not local files? 

I cannot find any information about this. Again, I can only get local-files to sync and not the tracks in my spotify playlist, tracks that are not local-files but part of Spotify. (I find this to be useless because I already have these tracks on my iPod, so why would I want to sync them to my iPod through Spotify? Also, I have no use for the program on my iPod if I can only sync local-files). 

Music Fan
kkleinh

Make sure you are in ONLINE mode in your settings when you switch the playlists you want to be available offline to "yes".

It won't sync when you are in OFFLINE mode. That might not be your problem, but it was mine when none of my songs were syncing...

Festival Fanatic
Boses

I have synced my iphone with spotify at least 6 times now, and it will sync the songs and I can play them on my phone, offline mode or online mode, doesn't matter, they will work. However, if I close the spotify app, the next time I open it, some of the songs will be grayed out and say something along the lines of "must sync with computer." It's really frustrating. It's the same songs that gray out everytime. Someone please help. I tried to contact Spotify directly, seeing as it is their service and product, and they tahnked me for my email and directed me to the community forums. Not that I don't believe the community can be helpful, I just think if you contact the company they should answer your question, not point you in another direction. 

Gig Goer
DocH

I have the exact same problem. Syncing, no matter how I perform it, won't resolve the issue. Mailing support hasn't given me an answer. What to do?

Concert VIP
Lode

[ Edited ]

I have more or less a simular problem on my iPhone.

A have a few playlists and they should all work offline. But whenever I am offline only a few of the whole playlist will work. So whenever I'm online, the playlist shows a green arrow in front of every song (which i guess means that they are synced for offline playing). But when I'm offline there are just a few left of them with a green arrow.

Or am I just completly missing how to do it properly? 

Hopefully someone can explain this!

Thanks in advance!

Gig Goer
DocH

I think I found a slution. Remove the Spotify app from your iPhone completely. Then go to the app store and install it again. It took a while for my 1000+ songs to sync, but all the red exclamation marks are gone and all the songs play offline. It sucks big time though that this may have to be done on a regular basis, and that Support is basically nonexistant and do not help in any way. The greedy bastards.

Concert VIP
EdSut

Same as everyone else. Tracks selected from Spotify sync OK, but local files now don't (they used to). Thanks to the advice above, sync now possible by removing firewall but this us clearly unsatosfactory. A solution is surely not far away - even the promise of one would be appreciated.

Concert VIP
EdSut

Apologies for the above - put in the wrong place AND now found not to be true. Sync still NOT possible even by disabling the firewall.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.