Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.0

• New: Shiny new interface. You can navigate around the app with a new sidebar. Check it out by swiping left-to-right, or by pressing the ≣ button in the top left of the app.
  • New: Now Playing bar. You’ll always see what you’re listening to along the bottom of Spotify. To switch tracks, just swipe along it. Tap or drag to see more information about the current track. Tap the cover art in the extended view to use AirPlay, and disable/enable shuffle and repeat.
  • New: Track menu. Tap the … button on any track to see a redesigned context menu.
  • Fixed: "Track only available online" issues. This would sometimes appear after start-up, or when you’d been offline for a little while. Not any more.
  • Fixed: Lock screen will now always display the correct track.
  • Fixed: Shuffle now switches off after you’ve used "Shuffle Play" on an album or playlist.
Community Ergo Sum
47 Replies

If by "shiny new interface" you mean "let's move the bottom buttons to the sidebar and keep everything else pretty much the same" then yeah, it's shiny alright.

I mean after several years we still don't have Related Artists, meaningful search results etc. For example if you search for an artist and click on the artist, you only get a list of albums. No top hits, related artists, biography etc stuff that is available on the Android version.

At least the lock screen track issue was fixed. Also big thanks for fixing the annoying shuffle play behavior. It was really irritating to have to manually turn it off if you forgot it on.

@laxu wrote:

I mean after several years we still don't have Related Artists, meaningful search results etc. For example if you search for an artist and click on the artist, you only get a list of albums. No top hits, related artists, biography etc stuff that is available on the Android version.

The version number might give you a hint: 0.6. It hasn't even reached 1.0 yet, so chill out, I'm sure there's a lot more planned out. I'm just grateful to have the lockscreen bug finally fixed. 

And I like the new sidebar navigation as well. Should make it easier to expand the app with more features in the future.

The track options will take some getting used to after being so used to swiping a track for options though, but at least the navigation is a bit clearer now overall.

Still a few bugs here and there (already noticed the play icon in the iOS status bar still gets stuck on after pausing a song, for instance), but it's an improvement for sure! The main thing for me is still the lockscreen bug finally being fixed 😛

Two Android releases in the last month and not a peep about it here in the community, and we had to prise out of you what they contained.

I hope this is Spotify turning over a new leaf and I look forward to a similar announcement and release notes together with the next Android release.

I'd love to see support for Playlist searching. No app on iOS can do this yet.

Just updated to 0.6, nothing changed.
Restarted iPad, nothing changed.
Do I miss something?

Same here. However the version number did change, so I suppose they are talking about the version for iPhone and not for iPad, both in the change log and here in the forum.

@Swanny wrote:

@laxu wrote:

The version number might give you a hint: 0.6. It hasn't even reached 1.0 yet, so chill out, I'm sure there's a lot more planned out. I'm just grateful to have the lockscreen bug finally fixed. 

Version numbers aren't exactly meaningful. I mean the Android version is also 0.5.something but is functionally and visually superior. I truly hope Spotify ups their game and makes the iOS version similar to the Android one.

@Pronnie wrote:
Just updated to 0.6, nothing changed.
Restarted iPad, nothing changed.
Do I miss something?

The iPad app is basically the same. The changes are for the iPhone app.

The iPad and the iPhone app are bundled in the same app

(Apple lets developers create an app for both iPad and iPhone so it's easier to update and it's easier because it's universal)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@laxu wrote:

If by "shiny new interface" you mean "let's move the bottom buttons to the sidebar and keep everything else pretty much the same" then yeah, it's shiny alright.

At least the lock screen track issue was fixed. Also big thanks for fixing the annoying shuffle play behavior. It was really irritating to have to manually turn it off if you forgot it on.

I agree. It's not fair that the Android version is still far more advanced in some ways.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I haven't played with it yet myself, but they STILL haven't fixed the stuck play button? That's the bug that's been driving me the most crazy for almost a year now. Unreal.

Still also waiting on a sorted "library" view, but that's less important than a stuck play button and the battery drain that comes with it.

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! This is exactly what the iOS app needed 🙂 Its a nice new look and it can only get better from now! I'm sure there will be bug fixes/ updates that add smaller features in the coming future but this is PERFECT! Thanks Spotify! 

-Chase

-Chase

The Windy City, Music, Design, Dream

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks guys, this looks quite nice.  Glad to see some bug fixes in there, as well.

Just a word Landscape mode, please.....

in iphone verision please..........

for who use it in the car, as me, is absolutelly needed.....

I can't use my dock..... 😞

Same here version number changed but interface on ipad hasn't??

I'm wishing I hadn't updated spotify this time, it did more damage than repairs for me... Yeah the new slick look is nice, but it took away the hidden equalizer!! I use the EQ all the time for different types of music, now I'm stuck with whatever I had it set to before the update! All I can say is they better be putting a real EQ in soon because I'm not very happy at the moment...

After waiting for months since the last update to implement "Rearrange tracks" back into editing, and being told it was going to be done in this update, THERE IS STILL NO REARRANGE TRACKS!!!!!!! I actually use spotify for work where I am always making playlists, and THIS SIMPLE FUNCTION HAS BEEN MISSING FIOR TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!! I am very frustrated with this app since it has been removed. I have been a premium user for over a year and will be changing my service to something else unless there is a IMMEDIATE UPDATE planned for the near future.

I just don't understand why the needed to remove the eq, they could just have implemented the function in this version.

Exactly, if it was already there and no one had complaints about it why would removing it seem like a good idea in the slightest? Haha

Offline scrobbles still won't work. What a shame.

Suggested posts