Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.0

• New: Shiny new interface. You can navigate around the app with a new sidebar. Check it out by swiping left-to-right, or by pressing the ≣ button in the top left of the app.
  • New: Now Playing bar. You’ll always see what you’re listening to along the bottom of Spotify. To switch tracks, just swipe along it. Tap or drag to see more information about the current track. Tap the cover art in the extended view to use AirPlay, and disable/enable shuffle and repeat.
  • New: Track menu. Tap the … button on any track to see a redesigned context menu.
  • Fixed: "Track only available online" issues. This would sometimes appear after start-up, or when you’d been offline for a little while. Not any more.
  • Fixed: Lock screen will now always display the correct track.
  • Fixed: Shuffle now switches off after you’ve used "Shuffle Play" on an album or playlist.
Community Ergo Sum
47 Replies

Just one of those thoughts, but are you sure it has been removed? What if the way to access it has changed...

@LiamW wrote:

Just one of those thoughts, but are you sure it has been removed? What if the way to access it has changed...

Now that would be sneaky!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't care anything about a "hidden EQ", I just wish the thing would stop freezing up. Freezing up and crashing, that's the only issue I have with the update. I don't even mind the interface. In fact, I kind of like it. But I feel like throwing my phone against the wall everytime it screws up and yeah, I love Spotify but after this and the horrendous Windows update I am seriously considering my options. I want a refund of this month's subscription payment, it's been so dismal.

Hey! 🙂

If you wish to discuss a refund, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, I don't really expect a refund. I was just trying to express the magnitude of my dissapointment with the latest iPhone and Windows updates. I have faith that sometime, hopefully soon, these issues will be addressed and rectified. I'm a loyal customer and have always considered the 10 bucks a month to be a mere pittance compared to what I get for my money. I'm not the kind to **bleep** and moan for the sake of bitching and moaning and I don't get all militant whenever a new update drops. Nevertheless these last couple of "improvements" have been anything but. It makes me feel powerless, seeing as how I am not impressed with any of the other services that are supposed to be alternatives to Spotify and I know full well that I won't unsubscribe even if nothing changes, simply because even with the new flaws it's still worth ten bucks. That said, I'm offered features for my money, I should get those features. 

I can only hope that the people at Spotify become enlightened to the severity of these issues in regards to customer satisfaction and do something about it.

"Stunned that anyone found it at all.." Come one, the internet is full with comments on EQ missing in Spotify since the very beginning of Spotify. No one ca tell it was unknown issue. More and more people became aware of this hidden function incl You Tube videos published. The issue is the motivation of Spotify not to listen to his customers demanding this function, then being happy with this open secret function and finaly to remove it on purpose. what is the purpose, what the reason to do without any comment or explanation? To me this is arrogant and stupid, I wonder about the product manager at Spotify. or is there anyone at all? Whatever. bring the EQ back either as it was or like an EQ like Elephancy. BTW on their webside Spotify has posted a positve recension expressing that this is the fuction they would/ could implement. Now I am curious whether Spotify does listen to their customers. Peter

I miss the links to artist and album on track menu. Now I can't tap directly from a track to an artist or album without playing the track.

I'm sure a product manager will read through this thread and find the positive comments and spin the story around this update accordingly. However, it really has been a useless update as far as I can tell...

1. Slow sync on the iPhone5 isn't fixed. Issue is as old as iOS6 / iPhone5. I haven't got a week to wait to sync my library....

2. App crashing when playlists re-ordered or re-arranged by the desktop app isn't fixed either. Makes the app unusable. I've been back and forth with Spotify about this in the past and the "oops sorry.... please delete and reinstall, you have too many playlists" response was really very poor.

I experienced #2 shortly after upgrading to 0.6.0, which means you have to delete and reinstall, which means that you run into #1.

If I were product manager I'd be holding any further release on iOS until these bugs are fixed. Doesn't take long in this forum to work out that these are both major issues for a ton of customers. They really destroy the otherwise fantastic spotify user experience (trust me, i'm VP Engineering at a successful startup)

All this upgrade has done is move the menu icons to a side bar and cost me over a week waiting to re-sync my library.

Suggested posts