Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.5.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.5.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 1.5.0
  • New: Want an equalizer? OK, it's waiting for you in Settings. Go play.
  • New: Looking for Discover? You'll now find it inside Browse. (iPhone)
  • New: We've redesigned the Artist page for iPad, now with latest release and merchandise.
  • Fictitious: This app will swap any sticker for Messi.

#iOS #1.5.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • The iPad rotation issue should now be fixed.
Community Ergo Sum
11 Replies

What's not new: app continues to crash sporadically (for example if I scroll down through Discover long enough, eventually it crashes; likewise occasionally crashes just on loading or while searching) or stops playing a track (pause/play does nothing at that point, have to re-select the track from its playlist/album to get it to work).

Latest iOS, latest Spotify, premium customer, iphone 4s, not unblocked.

These issues have cropped up since Spotify iOS 1.4. That they continue into 1.5 is depressing.  Stability trumps new features. Bring back the stable Spotify app. For that matter I would prefer to have an iPhone clone of the app for iPad -- ie. ditch optimizing it for the iPad if you can't port key features like Your Music; just allow me to run the exact same iPhone version of the app on my iPad.

In general I've been an enthusiastic Spotify customer for a while now. But the bugs introduced in the 1.4 iOS app (which continue in 1.5, even after hard reset of phone) are starting to wear on me. If they continue to drag on unsolved, my new year's resolution may be to look for a more reliable streaming service.

@benissimo wrote:

What's not new: app continues to crash sporadically (for example if I scroll down through Discover long enough, eventually it crashes; likewise occasionally crashes just on loading or while searching) or stops playing a track (pause/play does nothing at that point, have to re-select the track from its playlist/album to get it to work).

This bug is annoying for sure, but I can deal with it.

One bug that I unfortunately am getting tired of dealing with, is one that snuck in during one of the last few updates. The app seems to get stuck completely (no crash, the app is frozen...) when I go to open it on both my iPhone 4S, and 5S. After about 3 close/reopens the application finally starts working agian.

Spotify, please fix 🙂

I'm getting a similar problem where when I do a search, I can't scroll the list it comes up with? The only way it fixes Is if I restart the iPad!

I'm using the free version.

Longtime Premium user.

Buggy upgrade, please fix.

1. Crashes frequently now, had not been until the last week or so.

2. New "feature" of going to Discover/Browse is a pretty bug with makeup - do not want it, never did,

please explain (or develop) the option to forever banish it from iOS app.

Thanks.

iPad Air . App crashing consistently after a few to 10 minutes of streaming. Songs are playing fine and then they start to break (sounds like static) then app crashes.

When is going to be possible to alphabitize a playlist on a mobile account?

Though this issue appears to be rather old at least from what I see on the Android side, with this latest version, if I hit the Shuffle button on an offline playlist, I hear  3-4 songs and then it stops playing.  I have an iPhone 4S running IOS 7.1.2.  This happens whether I'm connected through the headphone jack or my bluetooth to my Logitech UE.  I see the next song trying to play but no sounds come out and I have to hit the next track.  If I randomly pick a song, it will shuffle for about 8-10 songs and then lather, rinse, repeat same behavior regardless of output device.

I never have had this problem with all the other versions of Spotify and this phone until this version.  I can't say Ive been very happy with Spotify lately especially when I'm paying for this service.  I depend on my playlists to play especially when I'm teaching classes.

@riverfloyd If you're using My Music, you can pull up for a list of filtering options and you can sort by title.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@Charlie16 The iPad search bug is being escalated though, details here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Unable-to-select-search-result-after...
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I kept seeing crashes lately, able to describe and reproduce how it happens?
I'm here to shuffle!

We just posted new release notes here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts