Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs won't stream. Play bar grayed out.

Some songs won't stream. Play bar grayed out.

Some of the songs I find on Spotify for iPad will not stream. I tap the song and the playback bar remains grayed out and the song won't play. I tried clearing my cookies and data, my browsing history, doing a clean reinstallation of Spotify, and setting the stream quality to normal. None of those fixed the problem and doing a clean installation just caused another random selection of songs to stop working.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. I picked a random song off of Spotify.
2. I tapped the song to play it.

What I expected to happen
I expected the song to buffer and play.

What actually happened
The playback bar remained gray and the song did not play

My iPad/iPhone model
iPad 2

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?
No.

Approximately how many playlists do you have?
Less than 30.

My mobile Spotify version

My provider and country
TWC, US

My username
13 Replies

Is this with local files or streamed music? What iOS and spotify versions?

Spotify 0.9.0.8
iOS 7.0.3

Streamed music.

And when I reinstall Spotify another random selection of songs stop working, too.

Hello?

Why is no one helping me?!

Can you try a clean reinstall following the instructions in this post. If that doesn't work, please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it is from a no-reply address) to speed things along.

A clean install via the instructions provided did not work. At least one song remains unplayable. How should I reply to this automated message?

Repeat what you put in the contact form.

I did the tasks he told me to do (a clean reinstallation with a hard reset rather than turning off the iPad normally) and it did not work. I am awaiting a response from the tech support person to the email response I sent today.

I got a reply from a different technician and she told me to do a clean reinstall again. Still does not work. I am getting frustrated now. It is like they aren't reading my previous replies. I don't want to let Spotify go. What other music services have Echonest powered radio and apps? What other music services have more than 15.5 million songs in their catalogs? What music services have p2p internet connections that allow me to use Spotify even after my mother blocks the internet after 11:30 at night? What? What?! I cannot unsubscribe at all!

She sounds strict 🙂 So where are you with customer support now? You wrote back to them again and are waiting for the next suggestion?

Yes, I am.

Suggested posts