Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs from "My Music" are not synced offline

Songs from "My Music" are not synced offline

I had my Spotify starred playlist as available offline so whenever I add new songs, they download automatically.

Now when I add songs to My Music, they dont sync offline automatically, how can this be re-enabled so songs from My Music are synced?

thanks

12 Replies

I'm having the same exact sync issue with the new version as well.  Also tested after the update that was pushed out today and it's still having the same issues.  

Same happens as well when creating a new playlist to sync.  Frustrating.

Yeah, I have the same issue. If i want to download a song to My Music, I need to to add it to one of my playlists(starred one usally). It's annoying because i have to do it twice every time (add to starred and add to my music). I hope they will do something about it, because it's necccesary.

I am having the exact same problem. They decide to make it really hard to add songs to playlists (which can automatically sync) but really easy to add songs to "My Music" which does not sync at all. What gives?

I would love for spotify to try to give us an ETA when this feature will become available 🙂

Any chance someone from Spotify can look at this thread!?

Make sure you hit the "me too" button on the top post.  Perhaps that will help since it's directly saying you have that issue as well.  

I'm the original poster 😉

Hi guys, I don't know *when* it will be added, but they did confirm that it's definitely coming. Hopefully soon!

This is one of those "if it ain't broke don't fix it" situations.  Everything worked great before with starring songs and automatically syncing offline as a playlist.

Now I have this disjointed combination of everything I've starred in the past couple years with a few random songs in "my music."

Spotify, can you just merge the starred and my music thing?  I find myself using Spotify less now because of this issue.

1. Open Spotify on your computer and create a playlist that contains the local tracks you want to sync.

2. Make sure both your computer and your mobile device are hooked up to the same Wi-Fi connection.

3. On your mobile device, open Spotify.

The device now appears on your computer below Devices in the Spotify window’s left sidebar.

4. On an iPhone, browse to the playlist that you want to sync and swipe the switch that appears at the top-right of the screen to Offline.

On Android devices, tap Edit Offline Playlists, select the check boxes next to the playlists you want to sync, and tap Done.

A (better?) way:

1. Open Spotify app on your phone
  2. Open Spotify on your computer and select your device under Devices
  3. On your computer, select "manually choose playlists to sync". Do not tick any boxes in the Playlists section.
  4. On your phone, go to Your Music > Songs. Slide the "Available Offline" slider to the on position.

That should do it - songs should start syncing, just for "your music".

I have the same issue. And i couldn't fix with your solutions. Is there a legit way to fix this?

Suggested posts